Carbonater Cap in Canada - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Carbonater Cap in Canada

Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Ontario, Canada
Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Anyone know where I can pick one of these up? I'm hoping to avoid UPS over the border.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station

Old 08-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #2
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

I thought I saw one on a canadian website but I can't seem to find the bookmark. Must be on another puter. I'll let you know if I find it.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 08-21-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Amity
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Edmonton
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

My LHBS has them in stock most times. That doesn't help you, unfortunately. Contact Canadian Homebrew Supplies to see if he can get it. Alternatively, most online shops will use USPS if you call them or request it online. I've done that with Keg Connection and More Beer.

I ordered mine form Keg Connection (when I ordered a bunch of other things) because my LHBS was out of stock.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:32 AM   #5
sakeyfour
Recipes 

Feb 2008
Jay, Maine
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I made my own with a metal tire stem from auto shop. I connected a quick disconnect to one of my lines from my co2 tank and can switch back and forth from keg connects to a tire chuck.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #6
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Ontario, Canada

I plan to make one of the tire chuck ones for gas delivery. In this particular case though I need it for liquids for cleaning my beer lines. I never have any free kegs I can use for cleaning solution or sanitizer. I remembered I think it was EdWort that used a cut off 2L pop/soda bottle with a carbonater cap to gravity feed cleaner through his shanks and beer lines.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7732 Times on 5426 Posts

I don't get to the store much (it's about an hour away from me) but the next time I go, I could buy one for you and mail it to you. Or, when I place an order, I can order one for you and drop it in the mail. If I send you an inexpensive gift, does that save you the trouble of the duties/taxes/shipping?

Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
springer

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Wappingers falls NY
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

I use my garden sprayer to clean lines. I just remove the tail piece and insert the wand end into the hose its a very tight fit open the faucet and pull the trigger flush the lines. Do the same with Star San .

Old 08-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
Amity
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Edmonton
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
I don't get to the store much (it's about an hour away from me) but the next time I go, I could buy one for you and mail it to you. Or, when I place an order, I can order one for you and drop it in the mail. If I send you an inexpensive gift, does that save you the trouble of the duties/taxes/shipping?
Most online stores in the USA use UPS for shipping. UPS has a terrible reputation for exorbitant "brokerage" fees. I recently bought a load of stuff from MoreBeer and (against my better judgement) selected UPS. The product total was $82, shipping was $19, and then UPS charged $35 for bringing it across the border. It's ridiculous.

USPS does not do that.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
Thanks for the offer Yooper. I may take you up on that after I try out a little homemade version. It occurred to me at lunch today that there's no reason I have to use a tire chuck, I could just use a barbed fitting since I'm not looking to hold pressure or anything.