Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Attempted Hard Arnold Palmer Tea/Lemonade

Old 08-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
WVBeerBaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Attempted Hard Arnold Palmer Tea/Lemonade

Has anyone ever tried the canned Arnold Palmer ½ tea ½ lemonade drinks? I wanted to make a homemade version. I made a 1 gallon trial of fermented ice tea a few months ago and it turned out well. I also added yeast to organic lemonade and nothing happened (too acidic I guess). So since this trial worked out, I am trying a larger scale:

4 ½ gallons of water brought to a boil, removed from burner. Added 3 ½ lbs corn sugar and 2 lbs table sugar. Soaked 25 tea bags for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Added ½ lb carapils malt for 20 minutes (for body). Dumped onto lager yeast left-over from red stripe clone. Fermenting at approx 60 degrees. OG - 1.051

When this is fermented out I will have approx 4 gallons. I will add 1 gallon organic lemonade, priming sugar and bottle. Served over ice, very refreshing. I also may break this into 2 batches adding peach/apricot extract to one, maybe not.

KEGGED: Nut Brown, Smoked Porter, Blue Moon Clone 1, Blue Moon Clone 2, Something Red Amber Clone
CONTEMPLATING: Flanders Red, English IPA, Sack Mead

The elusive Beer Baron continues to thumb his nose at the authorities. Swaggering about in a garish new hat, he seemed to say "Look at me, Rex Banner! I have a new hat!" - The Simpsons

Old 08-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
WVBeerBaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

racked to a 2ndary 4 days ago. gravity = 1.020. A lot of the tea flavor has been scrubbed off by the primary fermentation. I will be making a 1/2 gallon of very strong tea to add along with the lemonade at bottling time.
KEGGED: Nut Brown, Smoked Porter, Blue Moon Clone 1, Blue Moon Clone 2, Something Red Amber Clone
CONTEMPLATING: Flanders Red, English IPA, Sack Mead

The elusive Beer Baron continues to thumb his nose at the authorities. Swaggering about in a garish new hat, he seemed to say "Look at me, Rex Banner! I have a new hat!" - The Simpsons