Hobbies - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Hobbies

Old 08-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
brookdavis
Recipes 

Aug 2009
MInnesota

Is anyone out there a paintball player?? My brother is, and it's his birthday in September, and I was thinking about getting him one of those Spyder paintball guns. Think i could buy this online? I'm not familiar with paintball whatsoever.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

I used to be REALLY REALLY big into paintball. I used to play NCAA paintball but it has been about 6 years since I have played so I am not too up to date with everything. I would highly reccomend you check out pbnation.com. Just take a look around there and they will be able to answer any questions you have at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 08-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3519 Times on 3330 Posts

I pretty much duplicate Dataz Post
I played for Ohio University for 3 years. Chances are if he already plays paintball a spyder would be either the gun he has, or a clone of it, or the gun he started with. I second pbnation. I wasted many days on their. But beware, they are a bunch of immature kids on there with the occasional adult.
Find out waht setup he has (Marker type, Tank and hopper along with barrel) and we can recommend you some good gift ideas.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
brookdavis
Recipes 

Aug 2009
MInnesota

okay great, thanks guys!!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
But beware, they are a bunch of immature kids on there with the occasional adult.
I am not even sure about there being an occasional adult. Personally I very rarely visited that site just because people on there really pissed me off. Once you get past that though there is a lot of really good info.
Quote:
I was wrong

Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
Rick500

Recipes 

Jun 2008
KY
Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

Look into Tippmann before you buy the Spyder.

It's been a few years since I've looked at new equipment, so there are probably other good choices out there too.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Nov 2007

It is a whole new world. I got out of it when Evo's and DM8's were out. The highend guns in the last 5-6 years have basically stayed the same format but with sexier milling. The high end world has basically settled on 2 styles. Spool valve, and the over under as used in the Bob Long Intimidators carried over to markers such any other timmy, Ego, ect.
Guns are far too sexy. Technology and design is pretty much established for what it can be with the the bps caps within the leagues, now it's just making it smarter and smaller.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
chefmike
Recipes 

Dec 2007
north Georgia
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Pulse... feeling lazy and figure you can tell me straight... what adaptor do you need to put a tank like the one pictured above to our CO2 regulators? Friend gave me a tank for a portable setup... I forgot about it, and that pict jogged my memory.
Building: gardens, recipes, and trailer mounted smoker/ wood pizza oven

Old 08-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De

They are they same conections. Just some guns require compressed and some just work better with co2. If you do not need the compressed don't get it. They are MUCH more expensive.
Quote:
I was wrong

Old 08-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Nov 2007

Thats a compressed air tank, you would not want to use that for carbing beer. If you're referring to a CO2 tank. HERE YOU GO