Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > New Freezer = LOVE controller question

Old 08-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
BarnabyHooge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New Freezer = LOVE controller question

I picked up a smallish 4yr old chest freezer today for $50 on craigslist. At first it was going to be a keezer, but I've decided the quality of beer should come first and it will not be a fermentation chest. First two buckets with room to spare.

I think the Johnson controller would be more than sufficient, but I'm wondering if a slick LOVE controller might be better considering they're the same $$$. Can anyone tell me if the sensitivity can be changed on those things? I think +/- 3 deg would be sufficient and I'm wondering if +/- 1 deg would be more likely to kill the condenser & increase electricity costs.

Does the dual input TSX-10140 allow for a heat source to be added as well? I've got no problems wiring, so that's a none issue for me. [EDIT] Nope, thats the TSS2. Dang, another $20.

Any thoughts? I'm having a difficult time making a decision on this one.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
ClaudiusB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Does the dual input TSX-10140 allow for a heat source to be added as well? I've got no problems wiring, so that's a none issue for me. [EDIT] Nope, thats the TSS2. Dang, another $20.
I use the Love TSS2 with a heat source controlling the inside temp of my incubator.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB