Fruit Beer Succulent Strawberry Blonde - Page 25 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Fruit Beer Succulent Strawberry Blonde

Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #241
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Liked 2316 Times on 2230 Posts

I save one beer from every batch, stick in the back of the closet and pull it out a year after bottling. I tried last years Strawberry Blonde the other day. After one year, it was amazing! Maybe better the remainder of the batch. So I defintely agree that aging is a key factor.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #242
Jwash1705
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Wickliffe, OH

How would one go about stabilizing and sweetening? Lactose?

Old 06-10-2012, 04:08 AM   #243
seedubxj
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Folsom, CA
Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

Just racked to tertiary with gelatin. Ended up at 1.009 from about 1.060. Immediately dropped it into the keezer to cold crash. How long until I should keg? I'm thinking at least a week. Thoughts?
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1551739116.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	64314  

Old 07-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #244
NWAleDad
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Seattle, Wa
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Just cracked this one after ~3 months in my beer fridge. It tastes as good as it looks!

Frozer860 Likes This 
Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #245
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Missouri
Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAleDad
Just cracked this one after ~3 months in my beer fridge. It tastes as good as it looks!
Looks just like I remember it!! I may have to break out the equipment and brew this one again as my "back to brewing" beer!

http://www.bluelinebrewer.com

Like my page on Facebook!

Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #246
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer View Post
Looks just like I remember it!! I may have to break out the equipment and brew this one again as my "back to brewing" beer!
Come on! Get to brewing again! I may have kept it alive, but the inspiration was all you. Now brew some damn beer Blue!!!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:56 AM   #247
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Missouri
Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing

Come on! Get to brewing again! I may have kept it alive, but the inspiration was all you. Now brew some damn beer Blue!!!
You sure have!! Thanks!! I still can't believe this beer had such a good response!! Ok, you've inspired me. Lol. I'm breaking out the ol brew equipment and brewing your AG version of this! Hmmm... Better do some reviewing so I don't screw it up! Meh, I'm sure its like riding a bike...

http://www.bluelinebrewer.com

Like my page on Facebook!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:10 AM   #248
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer

You sure have!! Thanks!! I still can't believe this beer had such a good response!! Ok, you've inspired me. Lol. I'm breaking out the ol brew equipment and brewing your AG version of this! Hmmm... Better do some reviewing so I don't screw it up! Meh, I'm sure its like riding a bike...
Glad to hear it! Im sure it will all come flooding back once you begin! And if not, rdwhahb hahahahaha.

Btw, Im brewing tomorrow!

Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #249
wolfareno

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Tucson, AZ
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I brewed this a couple of months ago. Make sure you give this one time to develop. It was really good after being kegged for a couple of weeks, and luckily I didn't drink it too fast; by the time it was gone, it had a very smooth and full mouthfeel, and it was almost "creamy." This just got better and better, and I was really sad when it was gone. I'm posting here now because I'm gonna brew another batch really soon! Thanks again for this great recipe!

Pic from when I put the last batch in the secondary.

-Josh
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3712.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	84393  

Old 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #250
tre9er
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Lincoln, NE
Liked 242 Times on 197 Posts

I'm reading a fair amount of "tart" finish from this. A few questions (I've read through 160 posts, but admittedly not all posts in the thread).

Has anyone sweetened the recipe with some crystal or honey malt? I've had great luck with 10% or so honey malt leaving nice sweetness.

Also, has anyone made this into a pale ale? I'm wondering how the strawberries (tart, even) would work with a somewhat bitter beer, perhaps a nice neutral hop like Nugget, Willamette or a noble hop? You could even go citrusy and have a nice citrus/strawberry V8 Splash type flavor?

Considering making this for a Spring Beer Competition coming up very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!