Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 929 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #9281
Sublimis

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_ipa View Post
belichick is an *******.
Lmao!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #9282
McBrewskie

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Alameda, Ca
Liked 312 Times on 229 Posts

Lol, Goodell fined John Fox $30,000 and Jack Del Rio $25,000. What a an egotistical cocksucker.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #9283
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

What'd he really do that was so assholely, this time? Not denying that he's an *******, but what did he do? The official was running away like he was about to **** his pants and needed to get to the crapper, he wanted an explanation on whether the kick was going to be reviewed. What's he supposed to do? There is precedent for reviewing plays after the game is "over" - he made reference to a game in 2000 that I vaguely recall, when a Drew Bledsoe "fumble" was revieded and changed to an "incomplete pass" and the teams had to come back out after being in the locker room 10-15 minutes.

I mean, the ref *should* give the coach the courtesy of at least saying "we're not going to review the play for XYZ reason". Given the controversial nature of the call, at least would seem to be warranted.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 09-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #9284
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
What'd he really do that was so assholely, this time?
uh, he cheated?
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #9285
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9081 Times on 7228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
What'd he really do that was so assholely, this time? Not denying that he's an *******, but what did he do? The official was running away like he was about to **** his pants and needed to get to the crapper, he wanted an explanation on whether the kick was going to be reviewed. What's he supposed to do? There is precedent for reviewing plays after the game is "over" - he made reference to a game in 2000 that I vaguely recall, when a Drew Bledsoe "fumble" was revieded and changed to an "incomplete pass" and the teams had to come back out after being in the locker room 10-15 minutes.

I mean, the ref *should* give the coach the courtesy of at least saying "we're not going to review the play for XYZ reason". Given the controversial nature of the call, at least would seem to be warranted.
Because it's not a reviewable play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL rules
If the ball is higher than the top of the uprights as it crosses the end line, the play may not be reviewed.
I'm surprised that these replacement hacks knew that and Bill didn't.

My comment about Bill being an ******* related more to his post-game press conferences. All of them. Not just this one. So, in review, he's always been an *******.

motobrewer Likes This 
Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #9286
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

I'm taking back my "like" of your previous comment.

Seriously, shouldn't the refs at least acknowledge the coach when there's an issue like that, instead of running away? I think they were afraid of what Ray Lewis would do to them if they even THOUGHT about reviewing the play. Maybe if BB was the other Harbaugh brother, they would have let him challenge it.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie

Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #9287
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts

come on, man! i need that! somebody like me!!!
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Punity Likes This 
Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #9288
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Because it's not a reviewable play?

I'm surprised that these replacement hacks knew that and Bill didn't.
As per his press conference today, he wasn't sure based on his vantage point whether the ball passed above the top of the goal post or not, i.e. whether it was reviewable or not. The refs ought to at least answer that question.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #9289
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

Incidentally, I'm guessing it's a $100k fine for grabbing that p*ssy on his way off the field. Julian Edelman's the only one who's allowed to grab pussies.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #9290
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Cosi, Warshington
Liked 369 Times on 308 Posts

you answered what i wrote haha im too slow on the trigger