Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 555 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #5541
xsists
Recipes 

Nov 2006
Waukesha, WI
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Biggest surprise is either Buffalo or Detroit.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #5542
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsists View Post
Biggest surprise is either Buffalo or Detroit.
Not to me. I really thought they would both be decent. I am surprised they are as good as they are but not too shocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #5543
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts

Buffalo's a shock. Detroit, not so much - you knew that Suh was a beast and that Stafford was really good when healthy. But, I don't remember anyone (including you, Dataz) predicting that Buffalo would be this good.

****, I don't know a single Bills fan who went into this season with any hope! It's not like they made any dramatic offseason moves. Hell, the offseason move they made that got the most notice was unloading one of their best players (Lee Evans). Things have just began clicking for them, and it's not all that clear (at least to me) why it's happening in 2011 but it didn't happen in 2010.

EDIT: The only thing I'd say, Fitzy did show that he could wing the ball a bit last year, and the Bills could score. Still, they went into the draft seriously thinking QB - if Cam Newton happened to fall, they would have pounced and not thought twice. There was a lot of talk in Bills-land about Luck. Not too many people thought Fitz would be as good this year as he's been.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 10-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #5544
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 829 Times on 657 Posts

Jesus the Pats have an easy schedule from here on out...

Cowboys... Steelers??? Mehhh....

Giants.. Jets... mehhh..

Cheifs, Eagles, Colts, redskins, Broncos, Dolphins... bleeeeaaaaachhchch

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #5545
bluemoose

Recipes 

Jun 2011
, Vermont
Liked 252 Times on 190 Posts

14 and 2 or 13 and 3?

Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #5546
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
Buffalo's a shock. Detroit, not so much - you knew that Suh was a beast and that Stafford was really good when healthy. But, I don't remember anyone (including you, Dataz) predicting that Buffalo would be this good.

****, I don't know a single Bills fan who went into this season with any hope! It's not like they made any dramatic offseason moves. Hell, the offseason move they made that got the most notice was unloading one of their best players (Lee Evans). Things have just began clicking for them, and it's not all that clear (at least to me) why it's happening in 2011 but it didn't happen in 2010.

EDIT: The only thing I'd say, Fitzy did show that he could wing the ball a bit last year, and the Bills could score. Still, they went into the draft seriously thinking QB - if Cam Newton happened to fall, they would have pounced and not thought twice. There was a lot of talk in Bills-land about Luck. Not too many people thought Fitz would be as good this year as he's been.
I didn't predict it but I am not shocked either. I would have without a doubt said they wouldn't be in last place though. Over the last two years they have had a horrible record but for the most part were right in every game. They were just losing them by 1 or 2 points. Thats why I am not too shocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #5547
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

You should have bet it...

Quote:

Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #5548
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing
Jesus the Pats have an easy schedule from here on out...

Cowboys... Steelers??? Mehhh....

Giants.. Jets... mehhh..

Cheifs, Eagles, Colts, redskins, Broncos, Dolphins... bleeeeaaaaachhchch
The Pats kinda has the Steelers number. Depends on which team ya get. Wallace, Brown, etc could do some damage on Pats D.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #5549
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

You and Dataz could do some damage on the Pats D.... and that's sayin' something since Dataz doesn't get around too well on his mafia-busted-you-gonna-pay-us-our-money knee and purple camo outfit.... and you're... well.. a 15 year old.

Quote:

Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #5550
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

I promise I wont make a habit of it but I have a serious question. My Steelers board is having a bit of an argument about Mendenhall. What do you guys think about him as an outsider?