Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 495 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #4941
Hugh_Jass

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 41 Times on 40 Posts

He's a hell of an athlete, but an NFL qb he isn't. He'd make a pretty solid TE or slot receive if he's willing to block and go over the middle.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-2011-season/1

Old 08-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #4942
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5012 Times on 3383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
That fine was hot garbage. In the play, it looks as though Suh thought he still had the ball and was wrestling him to the ground. Total garbage. RE: the helmet coming off. Fine the idiot QB for not buckling his chinstrap correctly.
From the fine, it wasn't even for the late hit. He got a Roughing penalty. I haven't actually seen the play, so I can't comment on the roughness of the hit.

Gone are the days when QB's (Queefing Babies) get to play like real men. They are treated almost as bad as Hockey goalies: Like china dolls.

I think the roughing passer penalty needs a realignment.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #4943
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts

uh, i'm not gonna lie, i haven't really been paying attention to football at all yet, but...

new kickoff spot wtF!?
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 08-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #4944
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Dream Team looks like ass lol. Vick... Good luck with that.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #4945
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 900 Times on 712 Posts

Been MIA lately but just chiming in quickly on the Suh fine...

i think it is total bull&^* that players are whining about being fined. "Boooo hoooo hooo!!! You're ruining the game Goodell!!! You're turning it into touch football!!! Hitting is part of the game!!! It's a violent game, let us play!!!!"

... the day before the NFL gets a multi-million dollar lawsuit slapped against them by 7 former players accusing the NFL of "not properly protecting them against concussions".

Which effin' way do the players want it?!?!

Don't gimme "let us play" and then turn around and sue the effin' league for "letting them play".

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #4946
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

I am fine with the rules. I just think the call was crap. To me, it looked like Suh thought he was getting a sack or a legal hit and trying to take him to the ground.

I agree with the current head-to-head penalties.

I strongly disagree with the "touching" the passer penalties.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #4947
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Meh. He grabbed him by the head and threw him down after the ball was gone. Whether he thought the QB still had possession of the ball is irrelevant;

A. You can't tackle a guy by the head, certainly not a QB
B. It's his responsibility to know the QB does have the ball anymore.

I just watched that hit he had on Jay Cutler last year, and that one, too... whether he actually hit him in the head or not, that's exactly what the NFL is trying to get players to NOT do. TACKLE the opponent, wrap them up, don't just knock them down.

EDIT: Just wait, though. Some of these plays, these unneccesary-roughness calls, they aren't just going to be fines anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see the League start tossing guys out of games more regularly when they make plays that are clearly over the line (I don't think either of the Suh hits was THAT bad).

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 08-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #4948
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

Yeah, I agree with perhaps a penalty I guess. I could be talked into that. But taking 20,000 for that is crazy to me, for either of Suh's hits.

I do agree about ejections though. For example, the hit on 85 in the Pats game. That kids should have been tossed. That is the kind of deliberate "blow up" head-to-head, they need to do away with. Could have ended a mans season with that garbage.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #4949
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5012 Times on 3383 Posts

I did not see this tackle, so I can hardly comment on the nastiness of the hit. I do remember Cutler getting creamed and Suh def. deserved a fine for that one. Even if the QBs are becoming little princesses.

Very interested to see what happens tonight. If I can get a looksee at the campground.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #4950
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Anyone have a youtuber? I haven't seen this either.