Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 49 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #481
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 900 Times on 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
It was not disproved. It wasn't proven.
The NFL, by it's own admission, destroyed all information regarding the Pariots investigation after they issued the fine. So perhaps now, it can never be independently substantiated.
wronnnnnnggggggg... there was never any tapes or any other evidence of that whole Super Bowl crap.

The league confiscated the regular season tapes and destroyed them.

ALTHOUGH.. maybe they didn't!

Maybe there the guy on the grassy knoll did!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #482
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
Are you capable of that?
Absolutely..

unless it is on this thread or I'm talking with PaultheNurse (who is a friend of a friends), I'm always civilized. I'm not like this on "normal" threads.

Quote:

Old 11-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #483
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

From Gregg Easterbrook:

Quote:
This weekend, in an e-mail exchange with NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, I asked twice whether the Patriots' documents contained evidence of cheating in the Super Bowl, and Aiello twice declined to either confirm or deny the existence of such evidence. The first time, he changed the subject with a detailed response about the original penalty; and the second time, after I protested he hadn't answered my questions, he replied, "I did answer your questions to the extent I'm going to answer them."
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...5&sportCat=nfl

More here:

Quote:
Here is a timeline of events so far:

Sunday, Sept. 9: During the Patriots-Jets season opener, security officers seize a video camera a team official on the New England sideline was using to film signal-calling on the New York sideline. NFL rules forbid filming the opponents' sideline or recording opponents' signal calling. Clubs had been reminded of this prohibition by a strongly worded directive sent from league headquarters in September 2006.

Thursday, Sept. 13: Commissioner Goodell declares the Patriots guilty of "a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field." He imposes on New England the strongest penalty in NFL history: loss of a first-round pick (if the Pats make the playoffs), or second- and third-round choices in the 2008 draft (if New England fails to reach the postseason); a $500,000 personal fine against Belichick; and a $250,000 club fine. Goodell orders the Patriots to turn over all videotapes and other materials obtained in violation of NFL rules, although this part of his decision is not publicly announced.

Sunday morning, Sept. 16: On ESPN, Chris Mortensen reports Goodell's directive that the Patriots surrender all videotapes and notes containing cheating materials.

Sunday evening, Sept. 16: On NBC's "Football Night in America," Goodell says New England has not yet complied with his order to surrender all illegal materials, adding the Patriots will be penalized more if the materials don't arrive soon.

Monday, Sept. 17: Asked whether he will surrender videotapes and notes to the league, Belichick answers, "Of course." Asked by The Boston Globe whether NFL headquarters has received the Patriots' materials, Aiello answers, "We don't have anything else on the matter to report right now."

Sometime between Monday night, Sept. 17, and Thursday afternoon, Sept. 20: The New England materials arrive at league headquarters.

Thursday night, Sept. 20: The NFL announces all of the Patriots' materials have been destroyed, disclosing nothing about their contents.

The history of scandals teaches us that when the point is reached that everything has come out, then the principals apologize in public and tell all. When the point has not yet been reached that everything has come out, there is usually stonewalling, denial and weird Nixonian/Clintonesque statements. The destruction of evidence and the lack of answers about what the evidence contained, leaves me wondering if there is something very important about the Patriots' spying scandal that has not yet come out.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 11-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #484
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

So... in that entire piece, the only accusation you have was made by Gregg Easterbrook... who, by any measure was the absolute most hysterical lunatic on the planet over this entire situation??

Ok... how did the Pats cheat during the Super Bowl? You're theory is they had guys on the sidelines, filming signals, DURING the Super Bowl???

The Pats got whacked for filming signals, at Gillette Stadium, from their own sideline, how do you think they supposedly did it at the Super Bowl?

And what exactly do you think was ON those tapes?? Bill Polian, of the COLTS, by far the Pats biggest rival during that time frame even came out and said there was no smoking gun here and that people were freaking out over nothing.

But Gregg Easterbrook is right?

But again... what do you think was on those tapes?? What? Is Belichick clubbing baby seals???

"Did you tape signals?"
"Yes"
"I DON'T BELEIVE YOU!! I WANT TO SEE THE TAPES!"
"I just told you we did it"
"I'll be the judge of that!!... Aaaaaa HA!!! Right THERE!! You're filming signals!!"
"I know I just told you we did"

Quote:

Old 11-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #485
dunnright00

Recipes 

Aug 2009
San Diego
Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
What? Is Belichick clubbing baby seals???
Can I add this to my signature?

“There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says, ‘Good People Drink Good Beer.’ Which is true, then as it is now. Just look around you in a public barroom and you will quickly see: Bad People Drink Bad Beer. Think about it.”
-- Hunter S. Thompson,

Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #486
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

The Pats were at the absolute top of the league.
Belichick is a smug jerk becuase he doesn't give a rats azz if fans of other teams "like him".
Brady is a pretty-boy who does modeling gigs for GQ.

All of the above makes them the absolute perfect target for everyone to hate them with a passion... and that's cool, I can dig that... but like I was saying a few posts ago...

The Phillies have admitted to stealing signs in baseball for years... no one says a word. The Pats used a camera instead of a notebook and we're sitting here debating it four years after the fact.... with massive conspiracy theories and everything.

Quote:

Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #487
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnright00 View Post
Can I add this to my signature?
Absolutely....

Quote:

Old 11-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #488
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

I think unnecessary puctuation and excessive capitalization is a sign of hysterical lunacy.

Let me break it down for Patriot fan level comprehension:

1) Allegations of cheating in Superbowl.
2) NFL won't confirm that evidence collected contains evidence of cheating in the Super Bowl and won't DENY it either.
3) NFL promptly destroys collected evidence.

Statements by those (Bill Polian) that have a vested interest in making sure that the NFL investigation- and by extension the fatted Cash Cow called the NFL- is not seen as a sham is evidence of nothing.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 11-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #489
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
Let me break it down for Patriot fan level comprehension:
Thank you! I needed to change up my sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 11-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #490
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Just to be clear, you're making an assumption of guilt, then?

That sounds fair.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana