Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 478 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #4771
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 529 Times on 425 Posts

I don't know. Who's going to call him mid-season? Any GOOD team is going to be scared ****less of adding him to the mix right before going into the playoffs. If the Pats or the JETS are 9-3, are they really going to risk bringing him into the locker room? And, any bad team, isn't going to want to bother (and he's not going to want to go there, anyway).

So, maybe New England or the JETS, if there's a major injury to one of the starting wideouts. Otherwise, I don't see any other team taking the gamble, not after the Minny and Tennessee disasters.

It's also a lot harder for any football player to get added to the mix later in the season, without knowing the plays or having any chemistry with the QB. It ain't the same as adding a guy late in the basketball season. Hell, even Vincent Jackson, a helluva good receiver, had a hard time getting integrated back into San Diego after being out ~10 games, and that wasn't even trying to integrate into a new system or anything.

Never say never, but I'd place the odds on Favre attempting a return as greater than those of Randy Moss. I know that doesn't really cut down the odds much, but I'd say the odds of Moss playing again are ~25%.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 08-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #4772
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 840 Times on 664 Posts

I would take him back in a split second.

You wouldn't even finish the question.

"Hey Bri, should the Pats bring Ran..".

"yup!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #4773
Marko73

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Clayton, North Carolina
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Can you imagine though, Ocho, Moss, Branch, Welker, and then this young kid Price coming along as a receiver core?

I think they would just disect defenses.
"It is sheer folly to be taken by the hand and led down the path of better brewing by someone who says that they know it all. No, it is your experience that counts most. It is your experience that will always lead you to more questions."

~Charlie Papazian

Old 08-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #4774
Marko73

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Clayton, North Carolina
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not to mention the TEs?!?
"It is sheer folly to be taken by the hand and led down the path of better brewing by someone who says that they know it all. No, it is your experience that counts most. It is your experience that will always lead you to more questions."

~Charlie Papazian

Old 08-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #4775
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 529 Times on 425 Posts

They won't now, though. It's one thing for Moss to fit in alongside guys like Wes Welker and Deion Branch, but OchoCinco? I can't see that ending well. That's a chemistry experiment I'm not sure I'd gamble on.

But, if OchoCinco were to go down with an injury? Sure, you'd take the chance.

I'd also like to see what some of the younger guys have to offer. Hoping that Edelman can take a step up this year, and we get something out of either Tate or Taylor Price. Those three players are fighting for two roster spots, maybe one roster spot (since you can almost throw my boy Aaron Hernandez in that group as well). There's going to be a roster crunch already. Given that Welker's a free agent soon and that all three of the top guys are getting a little... well, long in the tooth, you'd really like to see a couple of these players emerge. Like to at least see what the three pups do in the preseason.

EDIT: Roster spots are going to be at a premium, especially if they bring back Crumpler (as has been rumored, once he's healthy) and if they want to keep Kevin Faulk around. Between the three vets and Hernandez, you've already got four very good wideouts - and Gronk can catch the ball down the middle as well. I'm not sure Moss, for all his talent, really fills a need at this point.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 08-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #4776
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

I am already sick of the "OH MY GOD!! Did you hear what Rex Ryan said!?!?" BS in the media. Pats/Jets is not Sox/Yankees and the freakin media isn't gonna make it that.

Does Rex have a big mouth? Sure.

But honestly... I have zero problem with about 98% of what he says.

"I'm not going to go up there and kiss Belichick's rings". Everyone FREAKED. WTF did you want him to say?? "yeah, they intimidate the $&@€ outta me!". Seriously?? Hey, the guy could have said nothing but I don't see the problem with him basically saying that his team, nor he, was going to be intimidated and they were coming to play. Hell.. Even saying you're not going to be intimidated is a bit of a compliment.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #4777
Marko73

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Clayton, North Carolina
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah, as far as Ocho and Moss being in the same locker room you wonder. But if he did it with TO and Moss did it with Carter, anything could work.

From what I have read, the team is very high on Price and I think they are bringing along Edelman as the eventual 'replacement' for Welker. I think Tate may be the odd many out although I might take his return game over Edelman's.

Wow, what awesome problems to have from the the Pats perspective.

~Charlie Papazian

Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #4778
Marko73

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Clayton, North Carolina
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have to agree, I like Rex Ryan. I think he brings something to the NFL that the league needs. The players love him and the fact that he has taken (at least on paper) underdogs to the AFC championship game 2 years in a row says something.

~Charlie Papazian

Old 08-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #4779
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

Yeeeeah.... I never said I LIKED him. I mean, I'm not a moron. All I said was that i am not offended by a lot of what he says... While the media makes it out like he just slapped Belichick's daughter with his junk.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #4780
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
Yeeeeah.... I never said I LIKED him. I mean, I'm not a moron. All I said was that i am not offended by a lot of what he says... While the media makes it out like he just slapped Belichick's daughter with his junk.
Or most likely sucked her toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong