Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 200 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #1991
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

It should be noted that the Patriots are AGAIN on track for an 18-1 season.

There are still a lot of ups and downs, but it's hard not to be impressed with how well the defense has played at times. They're either terrible or unstoppable, but that's an improvement over the "consistently mediocre" of recent years. The Pats ain't peaked yet.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 10-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #1992
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 901 Times on 713 Posts

I hope Dan Marino broke his forearm fisting himself this morning after his dead-on prediction of the Ravens "dominating" the Pats. Whatta jerk. Hey Dan, why don't you take your Super Ring and go pound... Oh. Wait. Thats right

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #1993
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

I'm laughing right now, listening to Tom Jackson postulate about how the Cowboys feel about their coach. We all know how much expertise Tom Jackson has in those matters.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie

Old 10-19-2010, 12:24 AM   #1994
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 543 Times on 435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
It should be noted that the Patriots are AGAIN on track for an 18-1 season.
Really? They're 4-1 right now. So I'd say they're on pace to go 13-3 in the regular season. Where'd you learn your math?

Oh, and they're one OT field goal away from being tied with the Seahawks. How's THAT for perspective?!? LOL

Old 10-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #1995
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

I base my projections off a three-game moving average.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #1996
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

Should have posted this last week...

Old 10-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #1997
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
Incidentally, read an article once that made a fairly compelling argument that the best way to reduce head injuries in football.... get rid of the helmets. Look at sports like rugby, which are just as violent but where there are not as many head injuries despite no helmets, because the players know that they can't lead with their damn head! Football helmets lend an unwarranted sense of invincibility.
i read something like that too. but rugby is fundamentally different, they actually tackle. if you go in with your shoulder without the intent to wrap up and bring a guy to the ground, that's a penalty. you can't just slam into a guy to knock him on the ground. that wouldn't be useful anyway, because if you're the ball carrier and you aren't being held on the ground, you can just get up. you need some sort of helmets in football because of the way the game's played.

in rugby your opponent is always in front of you, there isn't ever really a situation similar to a high thrown pass across the middle where a corner or linebacker just lays a guy out. as long as that situation exists there will always be a need for some sort of head protection.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #1998
SpanishCastleAle

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Central Florida
Liked 36 Times on 36 Posts

Have to quote Denny Green on my Jaguars: They are who we thought they were. And also to steal one from Barkley/Cape Brewing: Turrible.
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 10-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #1999
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 901 Times on 713 Posts

yeah... they're not good. You should jump ship and be a Pats fan. The Pats are good.

Plus... chics dig Pats fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #2000
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong