Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 1443 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #14421
Accidic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Millbrook, Alabama
Liked 98 Times on 86 Posts

Also, I take the exact polar opposite stance Darwin. While I don't have a problem with coaches who dress up in suits to be on the sidelines (it's stupid that the NFL c0ckblocks that.), I think you should be able to wear what you're comfortable in. I don't buy the "be professional" crap personally because it's still football. Regardless of the level of it. These are the same players who'll go out after the game and stab people and hide the evidence (Lewis), shoot themselves in the leg (Plaxico), and run over traffic cops (Moss) after all...

Old 03-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #14422
HessenHelles
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Liked 316 Times on 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopstupid View Post

They haven't won a super bowl since they got caught cheating.
Zing!!!! Well played..

Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #14423
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2455 Times on 1714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopstupid View Post
Is your point that the Jets should of cheated like the Patriots?

Jets won a super bowl without cheating

Patriots have not
Oh that stings...

Jets +1
Pats -3

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #14424
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Pats just signed Wes Welker Jr. (Danny Amendola), for 5/$31 ($10M guaranteed). Essentially the same per-year figure, but a much younger player who does basically the same things that Welker does. I'm not happy with this overall (not every wideout connects with Brady, and Ameddola's had a lot of injuries), but it makes some sense - they've gotten a lot younger on defense, now they're doing the same on O.

Quote:
Like Welker, Amendola was an undrafted free agent out of Texas Tech who has since settled in as a productive player when healthy. He managed 63 catches in 11 games in 2012 and had his best season in 2010 when he totaled 85 catches for 689 yards and three touchdowns.

He has excellent quickness and is a precise route runner with reliable hands and he has some familiarity with Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who held the same position in St. Louis during the 2011 season (Amendola was limited to just one game that year, however).
EDIT: Seems to me like they just went back in time and got the 2008 Wes Welker, instead of the 2013 model. Welker didn't have much for stats until he went to NE, either.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #14425
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Cosi, Warshington
Liked 369 Times on 308 Posts

The Cliff avril signing I am happy with. Not an aging free agent that commands a huge price.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #14426
Darwin18

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
Pats just signed Wes Welker Jr. (Danny Amendola), for 5/$31 ($10M guaranteed). Essentially the same per-year figure, but a much younger player who does basically the same things that Welker does. I'm not happy with this overall (not every wideout connects with Brady, and Ameddola's had a lot of injuries), but it makes some sense - they've gotten a lot younger on defense, now they're doing the same on O.

EDIT: Seems to me like they just went back in time and got the 2008 Wes Welker, instead of the 2013 model. Welker didn't have much for stats until he went to NE, either.
Sure. Keep saying it. Maybe it will come true.

It's a big deal that Welker is going to the Broncos and it's an even bigger deal that they signed him for $6 million per season, which by the way is way less than the $9.5 million he played for last season. I understand the Pats have a dollar value assigned to each position in building their roster but they signed Welker-lite for 5 years at $31 million total. They're not making a significant savings here.

Have fun traveling to Denver next January to have Welker kick you in the teeth.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #14427
bluemoose

Recipes 

Jun 2011
, Vermont
Liked 255 Times on 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18

Sure. Keep saying it. Maybe it will come true.

It's a big deal that Welker is going to the Broncos and it's an even bigger deal that they signed him for $6 million per season, which by the way is way less than the $9.5 million he played for last season. I understand the Pats have a dollar value assigned to each position in building their roster but they signed Welker-lite for 5 years at $31 million total. They're not making a significant savings here.

Have fun traveling to Denver next January to have Welker kick you in the teeth.
I don't think they signed Amendola to replace Welker. I doubt they will be sending a little guy over the middle. I think we will see sets with three or four Tight ends. Everybody is forgetting Ballard. He should be healthy and ready to go next season. With Gronk, Hernandez, Fells and Ballard, what the hell kind of coverage are you going to use? Two young running backs that are ready to break out and that kind of blocking and play action? Poor Denver isn't going to be able to keep up.

Now to sign Ed Reed and Namdi for the back end to complement Talib and Mccourty.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #14428
day_trippr
Recipes 

May 2011
Stow, MA
Liked 3241 Times on 2419 Posts

fwiw, Pats already had a Welker-lite with Edelman. Now they'll have two...

Cheers!

Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #14429
Bulls Beers

Recipes 

Sep 2007
, Boston Bomber#1 place of death...
Liked 171 Times on 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr View Post
fwiw, Pats already had a Welker-lite with Edelman. Now they'll have two...

Cheers!
Yeah and both of them get hurt..I just don't get what they are thinking. I'm all about in Bill we trust..Not sure this time..

Old 03-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #14430
bluemoose

Recipes 

Jun 2011
, Vermont
Liked 255 Times on 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls Beers

Yeah and both of them get hurt..I just don't get what they are thinking. I'm all about in Bill we trust..Not sure this time..
The offense is moving away from what we have done the past few years. By changing to a more balanced offense with better blocking and mismatches over the middle with big tight ends they will be able to keep Brady upright and squeeze a few more years out of him. I loved Welker while he was here, but if you are not changing the game plan in the league, someone is cruising by you. I'm guessing BB hasn't been stockpiling tightends because of their wit and sense of humor.