Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 1393 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #13921
ChshreCat
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 539 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivekD View Post
I'm sorry but those were not Niners fans...just a bunch of idiots that call themselves fans...we real fans knew Kyle had nothing to do with us losing that game last year.
I think that was just Jim Harbaugh tweeting under a bunch of fake names.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #13922
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 8582 Times on 6912 Posts

So Brady got fined $10k. Ain't that a kick to the balls. Wait, what?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #13923
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2318 Times on 1615 Posts

What a prick

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #13924
NivekD
Recipes 

Dec 2012
West Jordan, Utah
Liked 101 Times on 83 Posts

Gore got fined to...dress code violation...WTF?

Old 01-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #13925
Padawan
Recipes 

Jan 2013
st. paul, minnesota

I want to trash talk my own team, the vikings. if i could i would kill christian ponder and his "sore" elbow. Also i feel sorry for adrian peterson as he will never get a bowl ring with us. i love the vikings but at the same time i hate them as much if not more!

Old 01-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #13926
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 790 Times on 623 Posts

So the Jets are gonna trade Revis huh??

And seriously... not trash talking... I didn't realize he was a free agent in '14 so... I don't see how they can NOT trade him. There is NO way they can afford him and they have DRAMATICALLY bigger problems than losing one of two top-tier corners. The Sanchez situation, and the massive cap hit that team is going to get royally porked with is going to force their hand. They can either keep him on the roster next year, on a team that needs massive rebuilding, and then lose him in '14 with zero compensation, or... trade him now, get a few picks to help rebuild and also clear at least some cap space.

Again... I don't see how they could possibly NOT trade him.

Now... if ONLY there was a team that needed a decent corner. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #13927
stratslinger
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Terryville, CT
Liked 204 Times on 170 Posts

Yeah, too bad there's no way they'll trade him inside the division... Could you imagine a still developing Denard, Talib, and Revis combo? Then pick up a real #2 safety in the draft to stick back with McCourty... The Pats would actually have a real secondary. Which is exactly why the Jets would never make that trade, sadly.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #13928
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 790 Times on 623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratslinger View Post
Yeah, too bad there's no way they'll trade him inside the division... Could you imagine a still developing Denard, Talib, and Revis combo? Then pick up a real #2 safety in the draft to stick back with McCourty... The Pats would actually have a real secondary. Which is exactly why the Jets would never make that trade, sadly.
I dunno.... If the Jets think they're going to rebuild for at least a year or two... and seriously, how could they NOT think that?

Do the Jets honestly think they can compete with the Pats over that timeframe?? No. They can't. Not with that QB situation. I don't think many people realize how catastrophic the Sanchez/salary cap situation is. I think he's the highest cap number on the team and will be even bigger next year... and he's sitting on the bench. They can't get relief on that number unless someone takes Sanchez off their hands and pays his full salary... and who the EFF is gonna do THAT??

If the Pats put together a "we're going to go for it NOW" package (and given Brady's age... they gotta start thinking that way)... and the Jets have couple of years of rebuilding ahead of them...

I dunno... I wouldn't call it impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #13929
Krovitz
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Quincy, MA
Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts

Is there still talk about ed reed coming to the pats?

Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #13930
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

Pretty sure Revis makes too much $$ for the Pats. BB has never really wanted to pay his cornerbacks; for better or worse, he seems to think it's not a position where the $$ for an elite player is worth it. He doesn't like paying ANY position other than QB, but he ran Asante out of town over money, Ty Law desperately wanted to come back and BB never offered him anything close to fair value (pretty sure Law would have taken a discount to come back). Never seemed to pursue any big-name corners. I'm hoping Talib will take a discount to return. Really, if he's healthy, between he and Dennard that's two pretty damn good corners - you'd love to have someone else, but they could like with a guy like Kyle Arrington as the third corner as long as people stay healthy.

If he can EVER stay healthy, Ras-IR Dowling's an option at the cornerback spot, too. Bigger player, maybe a little lighter than Talib but fairly tall and long arms. Was starting to carve himself out a role before he went back on IR. If he's healthy - and if he gets hurt again, he'll be a camp cut - but if he's healthy, he could be the third CB.

As much as BB loves Ed Reed, don't see him coming to NE. They want youth and athleticism. Remember they took Tavon Wilson in the 2nd round; he looked decent at times. They didn't pursue a couple of older, cheap safeties last offseason like I thought they might (Yerimiah Bell comes to mind).

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana