Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 1310 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #13091
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

I don't give a rats' ass about college football, but a buddy of mine at work is a big Notre Dame fan so I've been giving him grief all morning that they were beaten by the Patriots' AAA affiliate.

I wish, though, that I was the person who thought to leave the entirety of "Sweet Home Alabama" on his voicemail.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #13092
McBrewskie

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Alameda, Ca
Liked 312 Times on 229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punity View Post
Respond for what? Go back to playing flag football those "hits" wont offend you so much.
They hit RG3 late, the Skins should respond by taking a shot at Russell Wilson. The ones wearing flags should be Washington for backing down.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #13093
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 542 Times on 434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBrewskie View Post
They hit RG3 late, the Skins should respond by taking a shot at Russell Wilson. The ones wearing flags should be Washington for backing down.
They would have if they could have caught him.

And if that was a cheap shot it was just payback for what the skins where doing all night night. Right from the first play from scrimmage when two skin players jumped on a hawk player's back, out of bounds, after the play and started pounding on him. The refs were right there and did crap. That set the tone that anything goes and the Hawks responded. Skins were doing that kinda crap all night long.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #13094
cdubbaya
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Bloomington, MN
Liked 40 Times on 34 Posts

Oh my gawwdd, you guys are freakin broken records. Players get hurt. Players take cheap shots. Get over it.

You're only going to be in the playoffs for a couple more weeks anyway, try talking about something meaningful like where the Packers are going to put that 5th Super Bowl trophy.

Honey Double IPA

motobrewer Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #13095
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Cosi, Warshington
Liked 369 Times on 308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubbaya
Oh my gawwdd, you guys are freakin broken records. Players get hurt. Players take cheap shots. Get over it.

You're only going to be in the playoffs for a couple more weeks anyway, try talking about something meaningful like where the Packers are going to put that 5th Super Bowl trophy.
Back in the closet with your man crush on Rodgina.

Seriously might as well plan for the draft so when the niners steamroll you it doesn't hurt so bad

Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #13096
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts

Rodgers is, by nature, a very vengeful and spiteful guy.

He still holds a grudge against the 49ers for not drafting him. He is going to be pissed.

Prediction: packers win.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #13097
stratslinger
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Terryville, CT
Liked 215 Times on 179 Posts

6-8 months sounds awfully optimistic with that kind of injury. I always thought the rule of thumb on ACL tears was 12 months minimum, which was why everyone was so damn shocked when Welker came back in 8 or so a couple years back and was actually effective. Or is it generally considered 12 months to full recovery, and everyone assumes that first season on the repaired knee is going to be at significantly reduced performance? Either way, RGIII won't likely play next year like he did this year. And he probably could have, if Shanahan would've pulled his head out of his ass and pulled the kid after the first quarter, or maybe sometime in the second, when it was clear that he couldn't, ya know, move around the field any more. He was not only a danger to himself, but a liability to his team at that point, and Shanahan should've recognized it.

Tough break for the kid though.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #13098
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts

Anyone else see resemblance to the 1997 season? Minnesota backed into the playoffs only to get dominated, packers face San Fran in the divisional, and the patriots will lose another Super Bowl in New Orleans provided they cheat well enough to get there.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

DesertBrew Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #13099
stratslinger
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Terryville, CT
Liked 215 Times on 179 Posts

Gimme a break, the Pats get their second bye this weekend on their way to meeting up with Peyton, who they'll handle again, and hello win #4. No cheating required.

But Cape, for the love of all that's holy, STAY HOME!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #13100
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2455 Times on 1714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratslinger View Post
Gimme a break, the Pats get their second bye this weekend on their way to meeting up with Peyton, who they'll handle again, and hello win #4. No cheating required.

But Cape, for the love of all that's holy, STAY HOME!!!
Don't be so sure about that....I believe the Texans will give them a game and maybe even win the thing.

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting