Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Cleaning soda lines and removing flavor

Old 08-20-2009, 03:07 AM   #11
Notnice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

any luck on this?

Priming: CBB 1.1, apfelwein
Chillin:1st Mead, ApfelMango-Cyzer, aleApfelwein,blackchapfelwein,blackfelwein,
Blucyzer, Cyzer.
Bottled: Apfelwein 2, Crazy Beech Bitter
Trench Town Brown, Mouf of the Souf Stout, New Mouf of the Souf, Oaked Apfel, Slow-wit
Next Up:Cream ale, Scott red, 888RIS or cocoOatmealRIS, Apfelwein and more Apfelwein

"Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep you're mouth shut."-E. Hemingway

Old 09-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
barkode15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Hey everyone, just an update on the flavor issue.
I ran oxyclean through the line yesterday and let it sit for an hour. Still had a weird cherry flavor in the coke. As a last resort I pulled the syrup pump out of the line and opened it up. It smelled heavily like the aftertaste I've been getting, so I soaked some of the parts in LLC overnight.

There was still some smell this morning so I swapped in a different syrup pump and now the flavor is completely gone. I guess the rubber membranes inside the pumps really soaked in the flavoring when the system wasn't in use for a year.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. They'll definitely help me clean this thing with ease in the future.