Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > A memorial beer for GreenwoodRover?

Old 08-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #31
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3586 Times on 3461 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
I wonder.

Is it possible to donate anonymously to Keveins HBT account and then, at some point have TxBrew send a check to his survivors?

I am just thinking about funeral costs, etc....
I was thinking the same thing. With two young boys with their lives ahead of them, it would be nice to actually be able to contribute something beyond flowers. Even just $5 or $10 from however many people would surely be a nice contribution.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #32
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 634 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
I wonder.

Is it possible to donate anonymously to Keveins HBT account and then, at some point have TxBrew send a check to his survivors?

I am just thinking about funeral costs, income loss, etc....
Great idea! I'm up with that!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #33
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

We need to ask TX if that can be done. If so, it needs a thread of it's own for greater impact.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #34
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5840 Times on 5079 Posts
Likes Given: 80

PM sent to Tx.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #35
kjung
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Count me in for whatever comes about. As a fellow Chicagoan, I'll do whatever I can to help !

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"- Einstein, again

Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #36
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2873 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

Wll if folks do want to send flowers, someone should contact her via email (honestly I must of been so stunned by the news, that I didn't see that she posted her email, or maybe added it later) and ask for an address where the flowers could be sent.

And mention that we are doing a tribute of our own (maybe a beer recipe or naming a contest after him) and ask if she would like to be kept abreast of things, or would prefer not to.

I would think a mod here should do it (I'd help compose or look over the inital email beforehand if they want my help.)

My original intent with my initial post was just to be aware that, not knowing their relationship too well, her interaction with us may only have been a mere courtesy to us an not an invitaion for us to interest with her life further. Like I said we don't know how much of us he shared with her....What if really she HATED that that he brewed, or resented the time he spent here...and she only notified us because she figured he would want us to know. But deep down there was some resentment of the time spent on here?

That's why I just advised us to tread lightly....and not be too dissapointed if she didn't want any more from/ or to do with us.

But I think rather than debate further the merits of it or the pol's or mine for that matter, view on things...let's go back to the original intent of this thread and before we contact here, decide what we're going to do.

I don't know how o make this an animated gif to flicker, but this pic reminds me of those "light a candle for someone you love" tribute image that people put on myspace pages and stuff.

But let's get back to talking about a tribute.....how about a contest specifically in the category of the last beer he brewed. Maybe those who want to come up with a recipe which "finishes his beer" and after the contest maybe we can submit it to the AHA for their upcoming November Teach a Neighbor to homebrew group brew. In the spring big brew, one of the suggested recipes, the saison, was a memorial recipe.

Whether the AHA chooses it or not, WE should decide to brew it on our own on "TANTHB Day."

So we would need to have this done and judged by mid October no later, so we can choose a winner, and get that recipe posted on here.

I would be honored to to be one of the judges....I have a feeling the one rover's last posts was backing or defending me in a recent thread....the mods deleted all the posts, but since he and I were amicable, I want to believe that he had my back....

Anyway if we go this route, let me know.

I just started tearing up thinking about it....

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #37
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Maybe we need yet another new thread with a poll to decide how best to honour GreenwoodRover.

Personally, I'm still up for a simple beer with nice labels.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #38
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Liked 3001 Times on 2908 Posts
Likes Given: 148

I'm up for brewing a finished version of his last recipe, making our own to honor him, and or, the donating money for a donation. I think this should definitely be done. Like said before 2 kids being left behind, there will certainly be bills his wife is not used to!

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo's mom

Old 08-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #39
TxBrew
Dr. Mantis

Recipes 

Liked 2001 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 892

If you donate to his account I would be glad to pass on the amount to his family, I will also refund his Lifetime membership costs to add to the coffer.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #40
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Liked 5840 Times on 5079 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Excellent! Hooray HBT.

I am all for a memorial beer but, think that any monetary donations given would have a greater impact to the surviving family. Times are hard enough when all the available income is there. I have to believe that by having this community pitch-in with much needed support that it will leave an indelible impression on Laura as well as ease some of her burdens in the days to come.

Donate to Kevin & Laura (aka GreenwoodRover) here!