Damn Hbt!!! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Damn Hbt!!!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
Joos
Recipes 

Jan 2009
taunton
Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

almost caused me a boil over!I need a lap top so I can brew and read this forum at the same time.That is all.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
eschatz

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Terre Haute, IN
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts

No harm= No Foul.

I find the Defendent (HBT) NOT GUILTY of said boilover.

Court adjourned!

What's tappening? :D

Old 08-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Joos
Recipes 

Jan 2009
taunton

The beer is brewed.The yeast is pitched,And HBT and I are cool again.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Zen_Brew

Recipes 

May 2009
Seattle
Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts

You can pick up a useable second hand laptop cheaper than a good brew kettle.

Just do it. Problem solved.

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 08-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
Notnice
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

or like i u could get a Internet ready phone and surf to ur hearts desire just about anywhere

Priming: CBB 1.1, apfelwein
Chillin:1st Mead, ApfelMango-Cyzer, aleApfelwein,blackchapfelwein,blackfelwein,
Blucyzer, Cyzer.
Bottled: Apfelwein 2, Crazy Beech Bitter
Trench Town Brown, Mouf of the Souf Stout, New Mouf of the Souf, Oaked Apfel, Slow-wit
Next Up:Cream ale, Scott red, 888RIS or cocoOatmealRIS, Apfelwein and more Apfelwein

"Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep you're mouth shut."-E. Hemingway

Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
Domminigan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Wichita, KS
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Or you could disconnect your interwebs, have your buddy print off all the new topics, mail them to you, write your responses, mail them back, and have your buddy post your replies....

Old 08-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #7
humann_brewing
More Humann than human

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun
Liked 328 Times on 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domminigan View Post
Or you could disconnect your interwebs, have your buddy print off all the new topics, mail them to you, write your responses, mail them back, and have your buddy post your replies....
Let me guess, your anti-internet?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4776 Times on 3223 Posts

Eeepc FTW!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

No, you need fermcap s in your boil kettle....

Quote:
Fermcap-S Foam Inhibitor: Prevent boil overs on the hot side, add a few drops per gallon for a nice rolling boil. On the cold side, Fermcap keeps the krausen in your fermenter to 1/2 an inch. Allows you to brew slightly larger quantities in your existing fermentation vessels. Use only two drops per gallon at the start of fermentation. Used in the fermenter, it increases the bitterness of your beer (retained IBUs) by about 10%! Comes with dropper lid. Enough for about 20 batches.
Just a few drops/per gallon in your kettle and no issues whatsoever with surfing the web in another spot while your wort is boiling (and not over).

I often surf the web between hop additions, and have even taken a nap on occasion with my smaller stovetop brew kettle on the stove with a full boil going and the wort only about 1.5 inches from the top of the post.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
Joos
Recipes 

Jan 2009
taunton

ding ding Revvy wins!I really have to get some of those.