Favorite IPA Recipe - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Favorite IPA Recipe

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
Gilbey
Recipes 
 
Jun 2005
Posts: 261
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts



Anybody have a favorite IPA recipe (extract)....extra hopp on the nose?

Thanks!

Alan

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #2
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dude's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Posts: 8,770
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts


For a really super IPA recipe try PM'ing Sam75. He might have the basics (he doesn't keep very good notes ) of the recipe available for you. That one was a winner.
It might be on a thread somewhere but in a quick look I didn't see it.
__________________
On Tap: Lake Walk Pale Ale -- Eternity (Raspberry Stout) -- Nutrocker -- Donnybrook Dark
Primary: Lake Walk Pale Ale
Secondary: Summit IPA
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:35 PM   #3
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DesertBrew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 5,745
Liked 114 Times on 100 Posts


I enjoyed this one:

7 lb Light DME
.5 lb crystal malt 20l (steep)
.5 lb crystal 40l (steep)
.5 lb victory malt (steep)
1.5 oz Centennial (bitter)
1.0 oz Cascade (Flavor)
1.0 oz Cascade (Aroma-Dry Hop)

Steep 30 minutes @ 155 the grain (5g if you can fit it else 3g)
Boil 60
Bittering - 60 minutes
Flavor - 15
Add Aroma Hops after you transfer to your secondary (if not using one, have no idea how you dry hop)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
SwAMi75
 
SwAMi75's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Posts: 2,478
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRELSE
For a really super IPA recipe try PM'ing Sam75. He might have the basics (he doesn't keep very good notes ) of the recipe available for you. That one was a winner.
It might be on a thread somewhere but in a quick look I didn't see it.
It's in this thread:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthre...light=American

I don't remember exactly what I steeped now, but besides that, it's the exact recipe that's in my second post. Personally I might steep the grains desertbrew recommends...it'd probably be a little maltier than mine, which would be good.

Also note I used the British Ale yeast. After it aged a little, I was very pleased with the results and would probably use it again.

BTW I just drank the last bottle of it last weekend. I'm gonna do my first AG batch very soon....something simple. My second will be this same basic recipe, with apricot.
__________________
May you go marching in three-measure time
Dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines
Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs
Gone unsung for far too long


 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #5
BitterRat
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Sep 2004
Earth
Posts: 107
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam75
It's in this thread:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthre...light=American

I don't remember exactly what I steeped now, but besides that, it's the exact recipe that's in my second post. Personally I might steep the grains desertbrew recommends...it'd probably be a little maltier than mine, which would be good.

Also note I used the British Ale yeast. After it aged a little, I was very pleased with the results and would probably use it again.

BTW I just drank the last bottle of it last weekend. I'm gonna do my first AG batch very soon....something simple. My second will be this same basic recipe, with apricot.
Sam, did you bring that to the NHBC ? I heard you brought a kick butt brew, but I didn't get a chance to taste whatever it was!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:55 PM   #6
SwAMi75
 
SwAMi75's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Posts: 2,478
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Yeah, but Chuck was the only one who got to try any. I brought some down to the "after party" following club night. The "hula" thing.

I don't know if you were there or not, because I haven't figured out exactly who you are yet.
__________________
May you go marching in three-measure time
Dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines
Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs
Gone unsung for far too long


 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:10 AM   #7
BitterRat
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Sep 2004
Earth
Posts: 107
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam75
I don't know if you were there or not, because I haven't figured out exactly who you are yet.
Yes you did, in the NHBC thread!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:22 AM   #8
SwAMi75
 
SwAMi75's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Posts: 2,478
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


OK, now that I got that straightened out.....I don't recall whether or not you were at the after party, and had the opportunity to try my brew.

If so, my apologies. If not, you missed out.

You f****r.
__________________
May you go marching in three-measure time
Dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines
Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs
Gone unsung for far too long


 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:30 PM   #9
BitterRat
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Sep 2004
Earth
Posts: 107
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


F****r? WTF did I do? I should call you the f****r for not sharing that beer with me!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:03 AM   #10
SwAMi75
 
SwAMi75's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Posts: 2,478
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


I plan to do an AG version of it soon, with apricot. I'll share, I promise.
__________________
May you go marching in three-measure time
Dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines
Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs
Gone unsung for far too long


 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favorite Recipe Srm277 Recipes/Ingredients 8 01-21-2009 02:07 AM
What is Your Favorite Recipe? Brewpastor Recipes/Ingredients 4 02-01-2008 03:57 AM
My New Favorite Recipe BarleyWater Recipes/Ingredients 1 03-02-2007 11:27 PM
Your Favorite IPA Recipe? mayday1019 Recipes/Ingredients 1 02-07-2006 08:15 AM
What's your favorite recipe? raynor Cider Forum 2 10-10-2005 10:33 AM


Forum Jump