Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Countertop Brutus 20

Old 03-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #41
mengel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Replace the coils with a plate chiller.

Here's what's arguably the most clever (and space-saving) bit. Chiller and pump all in one package:

How difficult (and/or practical) would it be to replace the coils with a plate chiller?

Old 03-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #42
jkarp
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengel View Post
Here's what's arguably the most clever (and space-saving) bit. Chiller and pump all in one package:

How difficult (and/or practical) would it be to replace the coils with a plate chiller?
Trivial, really. Plenty of room to plumb a plate chiller inside the bucket. I know at least one other CB20 builder went that route.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #43
Malintent
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarp View Post
Kona Brewing Longboard Lager, baby!
mmmmmmmm... my favorite when I was in Hawaii last summer. When swmbo came home a month or so ago with a 6-pack of it, reporting that she found a place by where she works (in NY) that has it... let's just say she had almost a good night as I had

Old 07-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #44
Tfire136
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarp View Post
Trivial, really. Plenty of room to plumb a plate chiller inside the bucket. I know at least one other CB20 builder went that route.

Well this may be the first of many questions as I have determined this is the exact setup I need lol. As I am gathering the pieces to put this all together, I already have a "Chillout" 10 plate chiller from homebrewstuff.com that I would like to integrate into my system. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions about how I could mount this to the bucket, and how I would set up all the plumbing and fittings (and would this actually function similar as if I had the CFC). I figure this chiller should more than suffice for 3.5g batches. By the way jkarp....this system is ingenious, thanks for sharing!