I Hate Csi - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I Hate Csi

Old 08-02-2009, 06:08 AM   #1
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

I realize it's a really popular show but I can't stand CSI. There are a million versions of it but the one with the red headed guy where he takes his sunglasses on and off every scene drives me nuts. It has the worst acting on top of the dumbest plot lines with unrealistic scenarios. Am I the only one that realizes this.... I must be because it seems to have been on tv for the past 7 years.

Honestly, if you like the show great but explain it to me because I feel like I'm watching a bad SOAP with just as bad acting and plots. Ugh...... stab my foot with butter knife.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:25 AM   #2
BeerRunner
Recipes 

Nov 2008
near Austin, TX, USA
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Preach it! I can't stand the show either. For me it's the hokey science and forensics. I am a huge fan of Forensic Files.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

I understand liking forensics.... I get that. But it is sooooo over the top insanely unrealistic. I realize movies aren't realistic but at least the good ones have actors and not jackasses with one liners.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Mariposa, CA
Liked 125 Times on 123 Posts

That's CSI Miami and I won't watch it. I do like the original CSI in Las Vegas, before the lead character left.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
Beer_Maker

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 15 Times on 4 Posts

Law and Order is so much better.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Bedlam

Recipes 

Dec 2006
East Tennessee
Liked 54 Times on 37 Posts

I've come to like Bones a lot. It has better acting and isn't overly dramatized, like those dumbass sequences on CSI where they fast-frame some special effect out of the bullet hole or somesuch. I really like the interplay between the two main characters, the jock FBI agent and the anthropologist who has Asperger's tendencies. Much better.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
pnj
Recipes 

Mar 2009
seattle
Liked 16 Times on 6 Posts

The Miami one makes me laugh because of sunglass guy.

It's no different then shows like, "the A-Team" or "knight rider" and a slew of others.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Ksosh
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Albany, NY
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I study (PhD program)/teach (undergrad) criminal justice, and CSI is one of the reasons why many poor, misguided undergrads take up the CJ major in the first place, hoping to be like Horatio on CSI Miami. Unfortunately, the CSI job on the show doesn't actually exist, and is a conglomerate of 5-6 different, individual jobs (beat cop, detective, crime scene CSI (usually a civilian who puts **** in bags), multiple lab/forensic techs/experts, more detectives, etc. etc.), most of which require a biology/chemistry major/master/phd and/or years and years of working up to that position (i.e. detective).

But that's mostly off topic. So yes, I agree CSI:Miami is the worst of them, and the acting is just horrible.
Secondary: Second running session ale #2

Old 08-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 147 Times on 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm129 View Post
I feel like I'm watching a bad SOAP with just as bad acting and plots. Ugh...... stab my foot with butter knife.

I liked the Vegas version of the show the first five years of the show, because they stayed away from the soap opera stuff. But after awhile, every good show seems to turn to the soapy stuff to keep their ratings because they're running out of other ideas. That's when I stop watching them.

Oh and the Miami version was bad from the start, but at least you could turn that one into a drinking game: Every time Horatio dod something with his sumglasses, you take a drink. Every time he says "Here's what I want you to do" you take a drink. Every time he makes some impossible promise to some scantily-clad, silicone-implanted victim, you take two drinks. I guarantee you'll be lit by the end of the show.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 08-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
BlackDogBrewing
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Slatington, PA
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

CSI Miami sucks. CSI Las Vegas is the bomb.