Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Why, if I'm an AMERICAN living in AMERICA do I have to...

Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #61
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 236 Times on 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
I don't see anyone talking hate. I just see people wanting others to competently execute the very job they are hired to do.
Complain to their managers. Of course, that's not necessary now, because they marked the garbage cans and the employees know now what needs to be done. It was really the boss taking "the easy way out" and avoiding the issue. Not sure why, perhaps he realistically thinks that we can't solve the problem anyway, so just make it obvious for them.

I would have made a simple phone call: "Your employees are skipping our location every day. Please have them come by and pick up our trash."

There's no point in "expecting" anyone to do anything if you are not their boss or their customer. If you are a customer of the business itself, then complain to management.

Expectation, frustration, anger, contempt, disdain, hatred. One leads to the other, none of them are healthy, none are productive.

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 08-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #62
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 636 Times on 470 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBrewer View Post
Complain to their managers. Of course, that's not necessary now, because they marked the garbage cans and the employees know now what needs to be done. It was really the boss taking "the easy way out" and avoiding the issue. Not sure why, perhaps he realistically thinks that we can't solve the problem anyway, so just make it obvious for them.

I would have made a simple phone call: "Your employees are skipping our location every day. Please have them come by and pick up our trash."

There's no point in "expecting" anyone to do anything if you are not their boss or their customer. If you are a customer of the business itself, then complain to management.

Expectation, frustration, anger, contempt, disdain, hatred. One leads to the other, none of them are healthy, none are productive.
So, you expect zero effort from the employees to understand their job? It's all down to their management? These are intelligent people with free will and the means to adapt to a situation! You seem to be calling them stupid by saying the management are entirely responsible for their inability to learn a simple work-related word.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #63
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty

Recipes 

Yes, the management is in charge of hiring, firing, training, etc. So, yes...it is their responsibility to ensure their employees are knowledgeable about their position and willing and able to carry out their given tasks. Perhaps they will be fired if they cannot, but that's not your job, that's their job.

My point: Being angry and frustrated doesn't help anything, it just breeds more contempt and will make you feel worse. I know from experience.

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #64
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 636 Times on 470 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBrewer View Post
Yes, the management is in charge of hiring, firing, training, etc. So, yes...it is their responsibility to ensure their employees are knowledgeable about their position and willing and able to carry out their given tasks. Perhaps they will be fired if they cannot, but that's not your job, that's their job.

My point: Being angry and frustrated doesn't help anything, it just breeds more contempt and will make you feel worse. I know from experience.

Why do you assume I'm angry? I have to take out my own trash, so I couldn't give a crap about the OP. I simply think that it is at the very least POLITE to try and understand the language and culture of a country that you have relocated to. I have done this elsewhere in other countries, it is actually VERY easy to make yourself accepted anywhere if you take the time and effort.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #65
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty

Recipes 

I just find it funny that you expect people you don't know to learn certain things or to act a certain way. You don't have to respect them, but don't expect it to change. And just the fact that they took it once they knew what it was proves that they DID NOT KNOW that it was trash. Any other idea of how polite they are or whether they care to further their careers is pure speculation.

There is only one fact: They couldn't do their job because they didn't understand. A complaint to management would have ensured they not only pick up your trash, but finally understand the word, which means other businesses could also have been positively affected.

We had a mexican guy working here as a janitor. It pissed me off that I couldn't communicate with him. We couldn't understand one single word that each other said and he was constantly doing things that I didn't like. Fortunately, one of my employees speaks spanish and was able to fix the problems.

Other than the lack of communication, he was the hardest damn worker I've ever seen. He lost his visa, unfortunately, and went back to mexico.

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...