Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Irish Coffin Builders
Old 07-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Irish Coffin Builders

I'm thinking of building a kegerator for a surprise gift. I have several faucets that I took off of a 1940 Coke soda fountain. They will not fit in a standard tower (plus I'm not crazy about towers, anyway). I need to:
A) Figure out which mini fridge I should use.
B) What is the design of the Coffin and drain tray?
I plan on 2 kegs at most, possibly only one at a time. I saw a thread about building a kegerator where the owner bent the freezer portion from the top to the back to increase the headspace for his kegs; of course I can't find it now. I'm pretty handy with woodworking and have most of the necessary tools (my lathe is still packed away). I think that my drain tray will be out of stainless with the sides sealed and riveted. Any and all questions/comments as well as photos are welcomed. Thanks – Dwain