How often do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmystank

Reaction score
As I troll around HBT I see people with many different brews on tap or multiple brews fermenting. While I have certainly had both of these I get the feeling Im not brewing as frequently as otheres, which kind of makes me jealous. SO with that said Id like to see how often you guys are brewing. Me...about once every 2-3 weeks. YOU???

It really depends on what is going on. I felt that I got pretty carried away in '08. I was brewing 2 batches a month minimum and had several stints of once a weekend for a couple months at a time. My neighbors and coworkers really liked me last year.

I do maybe 5 gallons a month. I drink little enough (<10 pints a week) that it's more than enough for me. It also lets me have stuff in my sig longer :)

i manage to fit in 1-2 10gal batches a month the past few. over the winter it seemed like i was brewing a batch a week. when i discovered death brewers splash sparge things got a little crazy in the kitchen.

Good question so I looked at my notes. I've brewed 11 times this year so with this being the 30th week of the year, it looks like I average about every three weeks or so. And when I brew I do 10gal AG.

Last summer I brewed every weekend for 12 weeks straight. Started with 5g batches and upgraded somewhere in the middle to 10g. This summer I've been gone a lot, this last sunday was the first time I've brewed in close to two months. Those are the extremes, normally it's 1-2 brews per month (I split a lot of batches with friends, so I'm usually only keeping half)

I've been doing 5gal batches at least every weekend... but I am going through it too fast. Plan on doing 2x 5gal batches this weekend to try and put some time in my pipeline while I get my AG equipment put together.

I was about 5 gallons a month but think it has gone up recently. I am still doing 5 gallon batches as I can't see myself drinking 10 of one before getting sick on it (wait... we are talking about beer, how could I get sick of it :confused:)

I did do 8 gallons last saturday, I will keg 5 and bottle 3 hopefully, I may continue this trend to have some bottles on hand to take places and not deal with filling from the keg.

Typically depends on what the pipeline looks like or how much storage I have available.

I try to brew 2 10g batches a month.

I am still doing 5 gallon batches as I can't see myself drinking 10 of one before getting sick on it (wait... we are talking about beer, how could I get sick of it :confused:)

My hope on that, is that I can store 1 keg of it to age a bit... and it might be nice to do a different yeast in half of the batch, to taste them side by side.

If I have a free weekend at home, I'll try and brew. I'd say I average 2-4 beers a month depending if I do a 5 or 10 gallon batch. Ive been splitting my 10's and using different yeast to get the most variety out of my know recipes, and my 5's are mostly experimental, or lagers(I only have a small lagering chest).

But I'd say it's not enough!

I drink at least 10 gallons a month...oh wait, brewing. I brew right to the limit and not over also. My household has consumed about 50gallons so far this year.

I used to brew once or twice a month. I did extract for a while (5g) then switched to 11 gallon all grain. I Just bought a 7 gallon conical so I could do 5 gal batches to increase the variety, but I give away some beer and take it to parties, so ....... I still brew 11 gallons, but 1/2 goes into a cube for ferment later. If I don't brew every other week, I can ferment from one of the cubes.

Still working out the kinks in the new system. Since I signed up here, I have brewed 5 batches.

I learned a LOT since I have been hanging around here.

David the Happy brewer.

Stir plate came today!

just getting into it brewing extracts once every four months. trying to increase it to once a month.

I try to to brew a 10g batch once every 2-3 weeks. Lately I've been wanting more variety so its been 5 gallons almost every week. I just like brewing so it makes sense for me to brew smaller batches more often.

I did 1 5 gal brew every other week. now I do 10 gal. brews so its once a month,or every 3 weeks if I am lucky. I was so into going to 10 gal. but with doing 5 at a time I got to brew more and i kinda miss that. but as long as I have great home brew ready to drink I'm good.:drunk:

One 5 gal. batch at home per month (stove-top AG) and I split two 10 gal. batches with a buddy when we brew in his garage each month.

I don't necessarily go through 15 gals. a month, but love brewing and can kill a 5 gal. cornie fairly easily when I have buddies over for UFC or a hockey game.

I've been doing 2 5gal batches every couple weeks.

5 gallons every 2-3 weeks. If i had more storage I'dprobably do more. I need a house with a garage and walk in fridge. :)

I checked my calendar and it looks like I've made 8 batches so far this year, but I didn't brew anything between January and the end of April because we had so much stuff taking up my brewing space. Since the space has cleared up I've been brewing about once every two weeks. On alternate weeks I bottle, transfer to secondary, etc.

This is good. Seems as if the 10 galloners brew less frequent. All in all it seems bout the same gallon wise. Funny you can almost tell the HEAVY drinkers. Anyone out there doing more than ten gallon batche?

Not enough. Maybe every 6 weeks or so. I just started to buy in bulk so that will cut my costs in half which means I can brew twice as often. Football season approaches and I've got some buddies that tailgate all the time and will pay for the ingredients if I brew the beer so I'll be doing it every other week or so.

Back