Well, I went ahead and added 1/2lb of hulls and my first AG is in the primary. I had a great sparge with no stuck run off. I can't say whether it was due to using the hulls, but I was unsure and inexperienced, so in they went. Primary activity was visible after only 8 hours.
I read the posts about rinsing the hulls a bit late though. I just added them into the MLT before any other ingredients, then added the rest of the grain bill.
I posted my results in another thread and I believe it all went nicely. I have a lot of adjustments to make in equipment and application, so thanks to all for your comments and advice.
I called my first AG brew "Orange Blossom Creme Ale". I can only hope that it tastes as great as the whole process went.