F*kin liberal arts A-holes... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > F*kin liberal arts A-holes...

Old 07-30-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
TXCrash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Crazytown
Liked 3362 Times on 3240 Posts

That is all...

Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
html034

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Jackson, MI

mmmmmkay?

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."
Baruch Spinoza

Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
TXCrash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Crazytown

Sorry. I'm an engineering student.

Neglected to take a couple bullshat liberal arts classes (something under the headings of "difference power and discrimination" and "cultural diversity") freshman year so I'm working on a history class (DPD) over the summer (also interning full time as a surveyor and it's HOT ~105 today). Totally spaced a BS essay due today. Just finished, when I made that comment I logged on here just long enough to do my little wordless rant thing.

Teacher is a douche, I'll pull a high B or an A in the class with little effort, no book (old syllabus called for wrong book, I'm too stubborn to buy the right one) but I'm pissed that I have to spend $300 and a couple hours a week on a class I'll learn little if anything from. History classes COULD be interesting and informative but the average "academic professor" in the field of liberal arts is so busy making it seem like they actually have a job to do that they don't.

If it makes it any better, I DID marry an artist... and she's a b*tch, not an a-hole ;-)

Cliff: I don't care what your degree is - just be real about how smart or stupid you are. There's no need to write a 10 page paper to say what could be said in 2 sentences.

*I need a beer, I need sleep, I'm dehydrated, I'm hot. Don't mind me...

Old 07-30-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
Parker36

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Lesotho
Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

Ya, well I got my degree in Integrative Physiology and they told me right before graduation that I get a BA instead of a BS. Its retarded.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
gratus fermentatio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Montana
Liked 2577 Times on 1429 Posts

Learn the basic attitude(s) held by the pinko instructor. Learn the commie buzzwords the left loves so much; like "empowerment" and "social justice" and "fair trade" & other $hit like that. As long as whatever you turn in seems to espouse their beliefs & is (pardon the pun) liberally sprinkled with pinko buzzwords, you'll get a good grade. A buddy of mine turned in nothing but regurgitated crap sprinkled with commie buzzwords for his liberal arts stuff, he passed with a B. I doubt he ever spent more than an hour on any of the papers for that crap. The hardest thing for him was to keep his mouth shut & not let them know his real opinions. Regards, GF.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
TXCrash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Crazytown

My biggest issue is that there are minimum word requirements for the essays - ones which in reality should be little more than a paragraph. It's hard to write 700 words about a 2500 word document - especially when you get hammered for using too many quotes.

Hell, in this joke of a class we were required to write a 500 word introduction of ourselves. You have any idea how hard that is?

I know how to write essays for these a-holes, and I consistently get A's on essays for L.A. classes, but the point is - I shouldn't HAVE to write these essays - and if I DO have to take the classes, I should LEARN something.

F*kin busywork in a busywork class. Whatever.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Hotspur

Recipes 

Sep 2008
Williston, VT
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's a professor problem, not a discipline problem. I've made the same gripe about each discipline over getting two degrees, and it boils down to "The University didn't try harder to keep good instructors around, and is left with crappy ones."

Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Nearly all the engineers I ever met were arrogant ********. What are we talking about?

Old 07-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3511 Times on 3325 Posts

despite how annoying the class is, you're still in college! So after your annoying classes, you still get to do down the street and play beer pong, then go to the bars, and have no real responsibility!! Enjoy that ****! Think that having an annoying professor you disagree with for a quarter is bad, wait till you get the prick boss for several years! I got lucky with a very cool boss, but they are out there!

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

No offense but those classes are there because if they weren't engineers would be even farther spaced from normal society than we already are. A little liberal education is extremely good for you if you can be open enough to accept it. Also, most of those dumb profs really do know there shat if you show the slightest interest. Remember, it sucks for them to be teaching kids who think their life's passion is BS.

I am a M.E. by the way you civil scum