confessions of a fraggin beer snob - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > confessions of a fraggin beer snob

Old 07-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #51
marubozo
I can has homebrew?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
SW Michigan
Liked 5408 Times on 5258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
Sounds like you don't mind drinking BL. Nothing wrong with that. I don't like it and don't drink it.
It's not that I like drinking it or would choose it over any other options, I just like being gracious and polite when someone goes out of their way to buy me something.

Just like when my grandmother buys me some tube socks for Christmas. I hate them and won't wear them, but I don't throw the bag of socks in her face and say "**** you grandma, I don't like these kinds of socks!@$%" I just say thanks and take them home with me where they might get worn on a rare occasion or turned into rags.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #52
delarob
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Newark, DE

Or, you could fall in to the catagory that gets heartburn from swill. Bud, Coors, Busch... 1 can and it tears me a new one. Maybe it's the rice, I dunno. I had one guy says, "I have Tums" and still offered me a Coors. Dude, if I have to take an antacid to drink it, do you really think I want it that bad?

Most level headed beer drinkers have no problem and understand.

In the Beirmeister: Vanilla S.O.B. (smoked, oaked, boubon stout)

Next Up: Snotty Mittens Old Ale

Old 07-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #53
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4855 Times on 3272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Or if you open a beer then recap it and put back in the fridge.

Is there something wrong with that??

Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #54
dontman

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Philly, PA
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
I did that once, I got there early and grabbed a sixer of heineken cans (only options at the course are bud light, miller light, mike's hard lemonade and heineken). He was dumbfounded at the turn of events and was confused as to why I chose to pay a few dollars more for this "fancy" beer

But every other week he gets to the course way before me and already has the cart ready to go and the cooler full of beer. Yeah, I could just turn it down or break it to him that I don't like BL, but it isn't worth the trouble. It's cold enough that you can down it in a few big gulps without tasting much.
The golf course is, strangely for me, a place where I can drink almost any beer. Last week, someone handed me an icy Amstel Light at the turn and it tasted pretty darn good.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #55
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Is there something wrong with that??
reread the op.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:58 AM   #56
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 512 Times on 349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
It's not that I like drinking it or would choose it over any other options, I just like being gracious and polite when someone goes out of their way to buy me something.

Just like when my grandmother buys me some tube socks for Christmas. I hate them and won't wear them, but I don't throw the bag of socks in her face and say "**** you grandma, I don't like these kinds of socks!@$%" I just say thanks and take them home with me where they might get worn on a rare occasion or turned into rags.
I understand what you are saying but I don't think the tube sock analogy applies. The tube socks are thrown in your drawer and you never have to wear them. The Bud Light you are going to dump down you gullet.

I guess there are two things at play here: A) how much does a guy hate Bud Light and B) how much a guy is worried about offending somebody if he says "no thank you"

Some people would rather drink BL than risk offending someone.

As I see it, if someone is offended when I turn down their Bud Light, the problem is theirs not mine.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 AM   #57
dontman

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Philly, PA
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

I think the more appropriate analogy would be if your Grandmother offered you a glass of X'mas eggnog and you said "no thanks Nanners, I'm really not a fan of whiskey, but I would love one of them there Ruinations you have in your fridge."
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:32 AM   #58
Gremlyn

Recipes 

Mar 2009
San Diego, CA
Liked 29 Times on 19 Posts

I went to an ale house tonight, they don't serve BMC. My kind of place! The bar tender was definitely a beer snob. Apparently I had the audacity to ask why they didn't have Stone on tap (99% of the good beer places in San Diego that I have visited have Stone), and got the response 'There is a lot of beer we don't have on tap', followed by a list of some very good beers they did not have on tap. Snobby point taken without offense! Stone isn't a requirement, I was just a little surprised. Not that there wasn't enough awesomeness anyway.

Oh, they had Alesmith's Speedway Stout, served it with a little piece of dark chocolate. SO GOOD.