confessions of a fraggin beer snob - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > confessions of a fraggin beer snob

Old 07-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 492 Times on 338 Posts

I am a fraggin beer snob.

Friday afternoon I pulled and opened a beer from my cousin's fridge thinking it was a Sammie. Brown bottle, dark blue cap with white lettering. I realized the error just before the bottle reached my lips. It was a Bud Light.

I grabbed the cap, pressed it back on, put the beer back in the fridge, grabbed a Sammie and walked away.

Today, I walked out of two stores empty handed whilst searching for a sixer to take to my aunt's.

I'm not proud, but I;m not surprised either.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 146 Times on 57 Posts

Hey man, you've gotta learn that beer snobbery has it's time and place. You're grabbing a FREE beer from your cousin's fridge? Don't whine about what it is. Drink it, like it, and thank whoever gave it to you.

If your out and about, and buying your own beer, THEN you can whine about the beer selection.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 07-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
You're grabbing a FREE beer from your cousin's fridge? Don't whine about what it is. Drink it, like it, and thank whoever gave it to you.
sorry, just can't do it

rather drink water

I'm not so desperate for a buzz as to drink something I don''t like

Old 07-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #4
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 146 Times on 57 Posts

So, someone gives you a beer out of the goodness of their heart, and you tell them, Sorry not good enough for me, I need something better? You must enjoy alienating people.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 07-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach

Seriously? It's OK to say 'I don't like strawberry jam', but it's not OK to say 'I don;t like Budweiser'?

If someone is "alienated" because I don;t like their beer I believe the problem is theirs, not mine.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
kanielb1
Recipes 

Jan 2009
New Orleans, LA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

arturo7
I have to agree with you. If I am out and all they have is Bud Light or the like, I am drinking water or soda. I do not drink to get drunk. I prefer quality over quantity. Thats just me.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
EdWort

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 336 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
I am a fraggin beer snob.

Friday afternoon I pulled and opened a beer from my cousin's fridge thinking it was a Sammie. Brown bottle, dark blue cap with white lettering. I realized the error just before the bottle reached my lips. It was a Bud Light.

I grabbed the cap, pressed it back on, put the beer back in the fridge, grabbed a Sammie and walked away..
Don't feel bad, whoever drinks that bottle won't notice anyway.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3183 Times on 1883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
sorry, just can't do it

rather drink water

I'm not so desperate for a buzz as to drink something I don''t like
I have to agree if it's bud or bud light...unless it happens to be budlight lime....then if it's the only one, I might...at least the lime helps kill the after taste.

But if it's any other light lager/bmc product I will drink it...especially if it's any of the corn adjuncted lagers.

But except for bud american ale, and the afore mentioned BLL..I just can't stand the taste of Bud and Bud light....Millers, Michelob, Labatts, PBR, Strohs, Schlitz, I will drink, and many like Strohs. I will actually buy and enjoy...to me te two main bud products just taste horrible to me...I would rater skip the beer until I can get something else....

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
So, someone gives you a beer out of the goodness of their heart, and you tell them, Sorry not good enough for me, I need something better? You must enjoy alienating people.
I agree. these threads of how all of a sudden bmc is no longer good enough for an occasional drink is foolish. Don't tell me you started drinking craft beer and have never drank cheap beer.

I'll admit I don't keep bmc in the house, but I would never take a free beer then hide it back in the fridge. As a matter of fact im going camping this week and will be drinking mass amounts of SouthPaw and the like. When your sitting around in 90* heat ice cold swill is mighty tasty.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
lamarguy
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Austin, TX
Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I agree. these threads of how all of a sudden bmc is no longer good enough for an occasional drink is foolish. Don't tell me you started drinking craft beer and have never drank cheap beer.
I think it's perfectly acceptable to elevate your standards as you experience new and *better* things in life.

For example, my friends and I banged a couple of fatties in high school...While that was acceptable at the time, I wouldn't consider doing "that" now or in the near future.

Planned: Lambic, American IPA
Fermenting: 6 gals of 1.090 stout (Belgian) & 6 gals of 1.090 stout (English)
Tapped: Berliner Weisse, Black English IPA, German Pils, & Live Oak Primus