Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Max Secondary Fermentation
Old 07-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Max Secondary Fermentation

So situations beyond my control (waiting for a refrigerator for my kegs) has me keeping my beer in secondary (glass carboy and plastic bucket) for three weeks now. Should I leave them in secondary until I get my refrigerator (probably in the next week) or keg them and wait until I can refrigerate?

Old 07-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Liked 2912 Times on 1715 Posts
Likes Given: 3535

The secondary is a place to bulk age beer, so you can leave it for months in there if you need to..some bulk age big beers for a year or'll be fine.
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew
Old 07-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yup, totally cool to leave it in there till you get the refrigerator. I have kept batches in the secondary for 2 months at one time with absolutely no problem. Actually, that gave the beer time to mature and it turned out to be a well loved batch. I'll miss you good buddy... Sorry, but yeah, you'll be fine leaving it in there.
"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph