Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brutul Turtle Question

Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
Bonneville
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brutul Turtle Question

So, I recently brewed an EPA and a Stout and can successfully pull a black & tan from the tap with a spoon. Too cool.

Questions for anyone with a brutul turtle... does it work well? Also, what is the diameter of the 'shell'? I want to pour some in "pilsner" glasses I bought. Of course, a proper pint glass would be better, but these don't fit in the poker table cupholders. The pilsner glass is maybe 1/2 in less in diameter than a pint glass.

Thx

Bottled: Top Shelf Stout, Big *ss Stout, Apfelwein, Fish Drool Brown Ale, ATC Ale

Old 07-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Flyin' Lion
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

I don't have the turtle, my black and tan maker is triangular shaped and works somewhat differently than the turtle, but it works quite well. As far as using it on a pilsner glass, both the turtle and the traingle one (I forget the name ATM), can be used on a small variety of glasses--whether or not it would work on a pilsner I can't say. There's only one way to find out.

Not much help, I know, but a free bump for your question...

Old 07-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4844 Times on 2896 Posts
Likes Given: 4064

It is actually called the Lagerhead Black and Tan Turtle, from Brutul.
I have a turtle. I have only tried it on my stouts, which are bottle-carbed - I could not get the separation, but I think my problem is my stout (very heavy beer, not like a guiness on NO2). It does disperse the beer perfectly along the sides of the glass, so I think it performs the function perfectly. Also, the turtles head forms a bottle opener.

The turtle "legs" are designed to sit on a glass with a 3.3" diameter rim (my measurement). I would guess the range of diameters to be from 3" = 3.75".

The "spoon" part, which is the turtle's shell, is 2.2" wide.