What is the reason that commercial beer is so much better on tap? - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What is the reason that commercial beer is so much better on tap?
Sign-up To NEW HBT Article Newsletter - Brewing Articles Direct To You!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #31
blackwaterbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

ambiance. yes. if youve ever been to costa rica and drank an ice cold bottle of Imperial after a few hours of surfing, it is a thing of beauty. bring a 22oz back to the states and try it. not the same, to say the least.

Primary-
Lagering-
Primary-
secondary-
secondary-
on tap- lemongrass kolsch
on tap- stout
on tap- small mead
bottle-sweet mead
bottle-

Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #32
seigex
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 107

My favorite beer, Stone Ruination IPA tastes awesome on tap (at the Yard House) but in the bottle its just OK, the hops taste harsh rather than pleasently bitter.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #33
Mrclasen
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know that this message board kind of died off. But did anyone consider the environment/social aspect? I believe that most of the time that we drink the beer from the tap, we are usually at a bar with lots our friends having a good time. On the flip side when we drink the same beer from a glass bottle we may be drinking the beer at home alone and not having as much fun. Therefore, I think that we may make the connection that the tap beer tastes better since we were having a better time while drinking the beer.