Just started brewing
... First was a british style ale(7/11/09) and today (7/13/09) a dunkel Weizen..
Had been lurkin and read how full boils were better, and since I had a 9gal pot and brewing on propane, why not?
But didn't realize I'd over shoot the gravity for the extract recipes... but didn't change anything for the grains/malt and this am over shooting Original gravity by about 5 pts on both brews... Also am concerned about the hops utilization as I used about 80% as the 2-3 gal directions called for and added the other 20% at end of boil for aroma ... So I guess I will now have a pretty bitter beer? I Am concerned as all noobs are on our first beers...
I am sure it will be beer, but will it be enjoyable?