Crazy damned wives - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Crazy damned wives

Old 07-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #41
Philip1993
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewthunda View Post
A 6 month old and a 3 yr old means that you're both sleep deprived, peace deprived, and sex deprived. She has weird hormones coursing though her body making her think weird thoughts. You are stretched thin and working double time and can't get a moment to think straight. That sucks. In 2 more years you'll all be happy again. Suck it up, be a good dad and husband to the best of your ability and treasure the good moments. It gets better.
+1. Before his first baby, my best friend asked me what was the one piece of advice I would give a soon to be dad. It to him to be prepared for exactly what you just described. I've worked triples and not been as tired as I was after a good nights sleep with a new baby. You think it's not that bad, but months of nightly sleep interruptions really starts to add up and affect your mental state.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #42
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanveann View Post
Thanks This is a great board! Very glad to be here.

Guess I'm never at a loss for things to say
We have an introduction section here too. Check it out and do your intro officially.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #43
Sanveann
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
We have an introduction section here too. Check it out and do your intro officially.
I did -- I'm "yet another Michigander"

Old 07-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #44
Sanveann
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pldoolittle View Post
+1. Before his first baby, my best friend asked me what was the one piece of advice I would give a soon to be dad. It to him to be prepared for exactly what you just described. I've worked triples and not been as tired as I was after a good nights sleep with a new baby. You think it's not that bad, but months of nightly sleep interruptions really starts to add up and affect your mental state.
Ditto this. The sleep deprivation, the constantly being needed ... and add in the fact that they don't feel comfortable leaving their kids with other people, the wife is working outside the home AND she's dealing with her mom's immigration issues ... sounds like she's mega-stressed and overtired.

(Incidentally, I will pause here to be grateful for my in-laws. No matter HOW insane my MIL makes me, she is always happy to watch the kids and takes great care of them.)

Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #45
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7393 Times on 6073 Posts

Quote:
I did -- I'm "yet another Michigander"
Not to mention she posed in her whites (with the Amish guy) in the SWMBO thread.

Where have you been LGI? Get with it maaaan.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #46
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Ditto this. The sleep deprivation, the constantly being needed ... and add in the fact that they don't feel comfortable leaving their kids with other people, the wife is working outside the home AND she's dealing with her mom's immigration issues ... sounds like she's mega-stressed and overtired.

(Incidentally, I will pause here to be grateful for my in-laws. No matter HOW insane my MIL makes me, she is always happy to watch the kids and takes great care of them.)
Ohhhhh. How I WISH we had a more solidified family. Sad bit is, my MIL is more BSC than my wife. Having her in the house is NOT going to be fun for anyone. She's literally put a child on the poarch casue it wouldn;t stop crying.

That child was my wife. Sure I think stress has a LOT to do with this but, there is also no dismissing that BSC was bred into her. I give the house a week after her mother arrive befoire the walls come crumbling down.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #47
Sanveann
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Ohhhhh. How I WISH we had a more solidified family. Sad bit is, my MIL is more BSC than my wife. Having her in the house is NOT going to be fun for anyone. She's literally put a child on the poarch casue it wouldn;t stop crying.

That child was my wife. Sure I think stress has a LOT to do with this but, there is also no dismissing that BSC was bred into her. I give the house a week after her mother arrive befoire the walls come crumbling down.
Oh, wow.

Out of curiosity, where is your wife's family from? (Wondering if there are cultural differences coming into play here.)

Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #48
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Ohh. For sure lots of cultural differences. Wife is from Melacca, Malaysia. Tanjung Kling. Grew up with the villiage Muslim types. BSC is their way of life which is why she left.

Problem here is, my wife is climbing that hill. Finally, has brought something truely astonishing into the world and has no bloodline family to share them with. Down side is every couple years she "forgets" that she can't tolerate her bloodline for more than a week.

True story. Early in our marriage she took a trip home. We couldn;t afford for the both of us to go and I had no vacation time accrued but, she was desparately home sick as she hadn't been home in 5 years. The flight there was 39 hours, she had only had her feet on the ground for 36 before she called begging me to arrange an emergency flight back home.

It's been nearly 3 years since she's been home and her memory has gone to sleep again.

It's a good thing she's pretty and good in bed. Cause she's a lot of crap to deal with.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #49
Sanveann
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Michigan

My mom is the EXACT same way. A few years ago, she was talking about leaving Dad and going to live with my grandmother. She forgets that they can't stand to be in the same room for more than about 12 hours -- inconvenient, since Grandma lives halfway across the country!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #50
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Ohh. For sure lots of cultural differences. Wife is from Melacca, Malaysia. Tanjung Kling. Grew up with the villiage Muslim types. BSC is their way of life which is why she left.

Problem here is, my wife is climbing that hill. Finally, has brought something truely astonishing into the world and has no bloodline family to share them with. Down side is every couple years she "forgets" that she can't tolerate her bloodline for more than a week.

True story. Early in our marriage she took a trip home. We couldn;t afford for the both of us to go and I had no vacation time accrued but, she was desparately home sick as she hadn't been home in 5 years. The flight there was 39 hours, she had only had her feet on the ground for 36 before she called begging me to arrange an emergency flight back home.

It's been nearly 3 years since she's been home and her memory has gone to sleep again.

It's a good thing she's pretty and good in bed. Cause she's a lot of crap to deal with.
Yeah, from the picture you posted she is cute.