Crazy damned wives - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Crazy damned wives

Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #31
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7677 Times on 6273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
The poor economy is keeping many that would have otherwise separated together for economic reasons.

Stress brings about irrationality. Talking these things out in rational discussion can be difficult.
Meh. I don't stay with her because I need the money. I stay with her because 90% of the time she isn't BCS but that other 10% is brutal nonethe less. Only difference is, she never swiped coffee toward my son. And that, no matter how angry you are, is in-excusable.

Thankfully, it did not get to him.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Meh. I don't stay with her because I need the money. I stay with her because 90% of the time she isn't BCS but that other 10% is brutal nonethe less. Only difference is, she never swiped coffee toward my son. And that, no matter how angry you are, is in-excusable.

Thankfully, it did not get to him.
One day on the way out the door, she slapped me across the face real hard, because I forgot to do something. I'm WTF gives you the right to hit me, no matter how mad you are right now. I kept on repeating this to her and proceeded to antagonize her about this over a cell phone. Eventually, she apologized.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 07-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #33
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlenkerla View Post
One day on the way out the door, she slapped me across the face real hard, because I forgot to do something. I'm WTF gives you the right to hit me, no matter how mad you are right now. I kept on repeating this to her and proceeded to antagonize her about this over a cell phone. Eventually, she apologized.
I was wrong to do it but, I have had experience with girlfriends who are like this too. Push and Push because they know you'll not react. Current wifey has this tendancy too. One day she twisetd the screws to far and struck me, several times, for an issue that was meaningless. In a flash, she got a back hand across the cheek and realized that she could only push so far.

11 years and I've smacked her twice. I am not proud of it but, if she's man enough to deal the blows she'd better be man enough to take a couple back hands too. After all the smoke cleared, she admitted she desreved to be checked on both accounts. I am usually a very level headed guy in a conflict and it takes a LOT to push me to that line. trouble is, now she knows the line.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #34
Sanveann
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Michigan

GMB, I would definitely (gently!) suggest that she seems to be really stressed out and that it might be helpful to her to talk to someone. Do NOT imply that you think she's crazy (even if you do) ... but present it in a way that says, "I'm worried about you."

The right combination of medication and therapy can make a world of difference. (Ask my husband, LOL! If I weren't on meds, I doubt we'd have ever made it to the altar, let alone STAYED married.)

Old 07-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
I was wrong to do it but, I have had experience with girlfriends who are like this too. Push and Push because they know you'll not react. Current wifey has this tendancy too. One day she twisetd the screws to far and struck me, several times, for an issue that was meaningless. In a flash, she got a back hand across the cheek and realized that she could only push so far.

11 years and I've smacked her twice. I am not proud of it but, if she's man enough to deal the blows she'd better be man enough to take a couple back hands too. After all the smoke cleared, she admitted she desreved to be checked on both accounts. I am usually a very level headed guy in a conflict and it takes a LOT to push me to that line. trouble is, now she knows the line.
I usually one of us will bail out of the house for a few hours. If you sense its going that way, calmly say your heading out for bit. Offer to talk when you get back. Whatever you do...."Don't drink during that time out period." This usually works for me.

Sometimes, when I leave I fear for my carboys....

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 07-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #36
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlenkerla View Post
I usually one of us will bail out of the house for a few hours. If you sense its going that way, calmly say your heading out for bit. Offer to talk when you get back. Whatever you do...."Don't drink during that time out period." This usually works for me.

Sometimes, when I leave I fear for my carboys....
I have been there too. SUCKS! Spiteful damned women on BCS rampage. I'd rather she be on the rag for a year than deal with 10 minutes of that crap. She's 10 time milder.

Maybe Alexis is right and our wives need to be medicated. I hear Lithium is effective.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #37

Occasionally mine gets this bright idea she doesn't need the meds. Hers are anti-anxiety (panic attacks). So not real serious - It help reduce the spazes.

After a series episodes I clue into this fact and ask about it, some times its a dangerous question.

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 07-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #38
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Yeowtch!

Yeah, my wife would prolly "forget" them too. She will rarely take an aspirin for a headache.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #39
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanveann View Post
GMB, I would definitely (gently!) suggest that she seems to be really stressed out and that it might be helpful to her to talk to someone. Do NOT imply that you think she's crazy (even if you do) ... but present it in a way that says, "I'm worried about you."

The right combination of medication and therapy can make a world of difference. (Ask my husband, LOL! If I weren't on meds, I doubt we'd have ever made it to the altar, let alone STAYED married.)
Wow! 27 posts and still in the last 5 new members list? You are prolific considering how fast the site membership grows here!

Welcome! We need more vocal lady brewers!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #40
Sanveann
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Wow! 27 posts and still in the last 5 new members list? You are prolific considering how fast the site membership grows here!

Welcome! We need more vocal lady brewers!
Thanks This is a great board! Very glad to be here.

Guess I'm never at a loss for things to say