Crazy damned wives - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Crazy damned wives

Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7413 Times on 6080 Posts

The wife and I had an all out today. Turns out, I am a lazy bastard and she's just bat-sh!t crazy.

Her biggest complaint of the day, is that I spend too much time outside in the yards. W......T.....F?

She "claims" that it takes away time spent with my three year old and completely excludes my 6 mo old. Of course, she also "claims" that I do little to help with the 6 mo old.

1. The 3 year odl is outside WITH me 90% of the time. HELLO, that is primarily why I am outside in 90*F fooking heat.

2. The other 10% is spent on property upkeep. Yards, gardens, etc....

3. When I do attend to the 6 mo old she takes him away b!tching that "I am doing it wrong" (Her REAL complaint here is that I don't tend to the baby at night, but again, she comes in and takes over before I have the bottle filled when I do).

Okay, that is the preface. Somewhere along the lines between yeaterday and today the keys to her car have been mis-placed. We only realized this afternoon. Of course, I was the last one to drive the car.

I spend the better part of the evening tearing the house apart trying to find the keys. My biggest concern is that I have a bad habit of setting things on the bumper of my truck. Rarely, I forget but I have a couple times. I don;t think I put the keys there but.......

Of course I haven't mentioned this to her. Point here is that, she hasn't raised a finger to look for the keys. And I have only just now given up the search (and gotten on here). I hate this. I feel breached. Like the potential is there that someone could steal the car, break into my home, and rob us blind.

She has no care at all and is, in fact, asleep.

There are still a few places I have yet to triple check but, they are in room with little people sleeping.

So, in summary, she has issues with me spending time outside in my own fooking yard but, when the keys to our house and car go missing it's not such a big deal as to lose any sleep.

Am I the only one who sees a issue with this?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Melbourne, Fl
Liked 46 Times on 20 Posts

Six month old baby? Would she normally act like this before the pregnancy? My wife had a bout of postpartum around 3-8 months after our first. I was often the recipient of her frustrations during that period. I could not do a damn thing right if my left depended on it. It still sucks and isn't an excuse but, it can point to an underlying problem. Hope you get it worked out, keep your head low in the mean time

Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #3
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Nah. No post-partum. She was BS crazy before the kids. Just not 11 year ago.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Melbourne, Fl
Liked 46 Times on 20 Posts

oh, well then... get a shovel and a shotgun.

Seriously though, sorry bud. They just plane loose their minds sometimes and want to takes ours with them. Hang in there mate.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
gratus fermentatio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Montana
Liked 2436 Times on 1347 Posts

If you don't find the keys, change all the locks on the house, you can at least do that yourself. I'd call a pro to do the car doors & ignition. Good luck findg those keys man. Regards, GF.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 404 Times on 319 Posts

Plus juan for changing all the locks. Keys get lost, it happens. Just deal with it now when it costs a little money rather than taking the risk that someone burglarizes you and you're out money, property, and the feeling of safety.
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

I lost a set of keys for two weeks once. I eventually found them on the key hook thingy on the wall. But hey! They were hiding behind some other keys!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
I lost a set of keys for two weeks once. I eventually found them on the key hook thingy on the wall. But hey! They were hiding behind some other keys!
Yeah. I am going to have to check all my pants too. I have been known to have keys laundered. Once, I lost a key to my gate. A few months later I put on the pants I wore the last day I had that key.

It was in the pocket and was very clean.

Made the wife carry the garage door clicker in her purse. All the inside doors have the sucurity locks (where they only unlock from the inside). I'll have another go at searching for them tonight. If not found, the locks get replaced. To be honest, I'd rather replace the car. It'd prolly be cheaper that way. Fooking import car and outrageously priced keys / parts. And it's a VOLVO, I mean it's not like theses things just got here. And whats more, Volvo is owned by Ford. WTF?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 8609 Times on 6925 Posts

ya know what they say....

A woman get's married hoping to changer her man, and he never does change.

A man get's married hoping the woman stays the same, but she always changes...

hope you find the keys and things work out for you.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Anyone tried to just get the cylinders replaced (re-keyed) in their house locks?

How does one go about getting the cylinder (core) key? Does Lowes have those (that is where I bought the locks)?