Visiting Syracuse NY 7 Jul-12Jul - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East Homebrew Forum > Visiting Syracuse NY 7 Jul-12Jul

Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Minnesota
Liked 61 Times on 54 Posts

I'll be in Syracuse for the next week and I'm wondering if there are any HBT'rs who wouldn't mind getting together for a beer or at leased can point me toward any good brew pubs and or breweries I can check out...

-CBj
Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
dap325
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Upstate New York
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was in Syracuse last fall for a wedding and really enjoyed Empire Brewpub.

Empire Brewing Company - Armory Square - Syracuse, New York

Their IPA was excellent.

Middle Ages brewery is in Syracuse. FX Matt brewery (Saranac) is in Utica just east. Brewery Ommegang isn't that far (maybe over an hour) in Cooperstown NY. There is an Anheuser Busch brewery in Syracuse, but I'm almost positive they don't do tours. I guess they don't want people to see what they put into a can of Budweiser.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Minnesota
Liked 61 Times on 54 Posts

As it turns out, I'll be flying into syracuse, but spending all my time in Rochester... Let me know if anyone's up for a beer
Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
billey100
Recipes 

Dec 2008
Seneca Falls, NY

Seabee someone just brought Rochester up in the Pub Talk in case you missed it, will save me some time of listing a few...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f28/good...rewery-125317/

Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
springer

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Wappingers falls NY
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

I'd meet ya but 296 miles is a little far for a beer ... Don't know of anyplace up there to have a good beer .

Old 07-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
bierhaus15
Recipes 

Aug 2008
, New York
Liked 131 Times on 81 Posts

Rochester is 'ok' for beer, though you are in luck as the Empire State Brewing & Music Festival is on Friday, July 10th (5-10pm) in downtown Syracuse. I would recommend it, as they have a huge selection of beers and some really amazing cask ales.

Empire State Brewing & Music Festival