AG today. My first all grain off the stove went well. I did a single decoction and when I drained the mash tun other than the first runnings I had almost NO grist in the wort at all. Well, not this time. Every time I popped the drain it was pretty much 10.5# of pale malt yelling "CHARGE". Thankfully I had a strainer so I was able to filter, but good god that took forever.
No, I'm not worried if I ruined my beer or anything. Just venting.
Oh yeah, I also decided to use no hops backs. With pellet hops, then filter them out. Yeah, that SUCKED just a little.
So, I spent about 90 minutes total today outside working with 150° wort re-filtering and re-filtering.
On top of that I pulled a sweet 62% efficiency. Normally that number wouldn't bother me, but for the effort I had to put in today the brew Gods could have at least smiled on me with a 70%.
Anyways, it'll probably be the hoppiest, cleanest, clearest, tastiest beer I ever had. This one as long as I avoid any infection is getting bottled and going into my private stock.