Happy Retirement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAVET

Reaction score
My girlfriend( still a SWMBO) retired yesterday after 21 years in the Navy. It just reminds me that we live in the greatest country in the world and are protected by some of the greatest men and women this country has.

To all of them serving here, thank you. To those overseas, thank you. And to all of you, come home safe and soon. Your military brothers and sisters miss you. :mug:

AD1(AW) (Ret)

Something most won't say is retirement ain't easy on some level. For 20 years I was NAVY. I was a sailor. It didn't matter where I was, I was a sailor. And a part of me still is. I can still spot military across the room. But when something is a part of you and you a part of it for that long, it takes a while to get it out of your system.
Retirement is something you need to plan and prepare for 5 years out. I left with no plan. For what ever reason, I thought 20 years in the Navy would make it a bit easier to find a job. Boy was I wrong!!
Having said all that, I am so glad I finished the 20.

Back