Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Seared tuna with a wasabi mayo sauce
Old 06-26-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Liked 35 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Default Seared tuna with a wasabi mayo sauce

* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup sour cream (or you can use all mayo)
* 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions, white & green parts
* 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (or if you have the wasabi powder use that and add a little water to make your own paste)
* 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
* 1 teaspoon grated ginger
* 32 ounces tuna steaks
# Whisk first 3 ingredients in small bowl, cover and refrigerate --
#Whisk teriyaki, soy, vinegar and I also added some grated ginger to make your marinade -- Marinate and refrigerate your tuna steaks for several hours -- Remove from fridge while the grill heats up. Brush grill and fish lightly with oil and salt & pepper. Grill tuna on high heat for 2 mins, turn over and grill 2 mins on high heat to sear, then lower temp and grill until desired doneness -- Serve with the yummy wasabi sauce!
This is a recipe I found on the net, I made it last night and decided to share it. It was pretty tasty. I like my tuna seared on the outside and very very rare.