July box special from California Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This month’s special if you're interested is:

1 # of Simcoe (13.2) or Amarillo (8.4%)
1 oz of dark or light oak chips
2 oz of coriander
2 oz of sweet or bitter orange peel
And 4# of specialty grain

$57 shipped

If you want a box special you can PayPal [email protected] or just call my store @ (530) 243-BEER and we can take a card from there.

We are open Wed, Thurs and Fri from 11:00 to 7:00. Sat and Sun from 9:00 to 5:00
Cheers
Jay

Well yes I will do 1/2# and 1/2# you bet.
Hops are 2008 whole
As far as grain.
Aromatic
Black
Biscuit
Brown
carapills
chocolate
flaked barley
flaked maze
honey malt
kilned coffee malt
munich
pale ale
pale chocolate
roast
smoked
special B
victroy
vienna
crystals are 15, 40 ,60, and 75
and most all the base grains 2 row, 6 row pale ale malt, pilsner, wheat etc
Cheers
Jay

just for the record if you all want to switch this up in any way feel free to do so
If you don't want the oak and want 3 oz of coriander or orange peel, by all means just put that on your order or just ask.
Cheers
Jay

Hey Jay!

Just for clarification, do you have a beer style in mind when you put the box special together?

'Cuz it looks like with your box special, and additional base grains I could have some really good Saison or freaky Belgian IPA here.

Any recipe or combos you suggest using your July box special as a start?

Hey Jay!

Just for clarification, do you have a beer style in mind when you put the box special together?

'Cuz it looks like with your box special, and additional base grains I could have some really good Saison or freaky Belgian IPA here.

Any recipe or combos you suggest using your July box special as a start?

Not really as of yet. I am just putting a few things together that I personally like to have on hand in the brewery, Ya know, for those late night "I'm gonna brew tonight" type kind of days. If you want to put together a few things and make a suggestion on a monthly special. I am defiantly listening.
Or if you need to add a few things to any monthly special please feel free to ask. I will see what we can do to put it together and see if we can get it in the same box.
Thanks for asking
Cheers
Jay

In for a box! Great price. I went to a certain popular homebrew website and just the coriander, orange peel and hops were $58.

-Joe

So I just got home from the store packaging up everybodys packs that ordered today. They will all go out tomorrow.

I had a request for another 1/2# of hops in the order. Yes I can get them in the pack if they are pellet. The only pellet I have bulk of is Cascade so if you want to add a 1/2# of cascade pellet you can do so just add $16 to your order and I will get it in.
Cheers
Jay

Hey Jay, that is a damn screamin' deal! I'll definitely take one. Any ideas on next months special? (You are going to continue offering them...right?) If not I'll take two...I might switch out a couple of ingredients but I definitely dig on the Simcoe hops!

Atwood

Hey Jay, that is a damn screamin' deal! I'll definitely take one. Any ideas on next months special? (You are going to continue offering them...right?) If not I'll take two...I might switch out a couple of ingredients but I definitely dig on the Simcoe hops!

Atwood

I would be surprised if this one lasts the entire month, we have had great response to this one so far, but we will see. I am already working on next months but I'm not spilling just yet. That you'll have to wait for.:D
Cheers
Jay

Is there a mailing list so we can get notified of such deals? Or are we just watching the board?

-Joe

Jay,

I haven't seen it, but it could have gotten mixed up in my junk mail. What was the title so I can search for it?

-Joe

Jay,

I haven't seen it, but it could have gotten mixed up in my junk mail. What was the title so I can search for it?

-Joe

I just ment did you get set up for it? Did you get on the list? We haven't sent one out yet this month. It will be a few weeks before we get one put together.
Cheers
Jay

Just as a little note I am going to be in Big Sur for the next 5 days (yes parting) anyhow I won't be getting anything out till I return, except what comes in by tomorrow afternoon. If you want a box special I have plenty, just PayPal me @ [email protected] and I will package it up and ship them out Monday on my way out. Be sure to let me know exactly what you want and I will put it together.
Cheers and thanks for all the orders!
Jay

Is it still the simcoe box or is there a new one I missed?:ban:

Take a look at the first post. This is our monthly special that we offer here only. It is a box of stuff that I and our group like to keep on hand in our breweries at home, for those late night can't sleep brews. We put together a box special and offer it up. You can change it up any way you want (within reason). I sold a bunch of these so far this month, and people are customizing them to fit their needs. I am totally cool w/ that.

Next month I am thinking of putting a Digital scale in our box special, I did have a request for one of our beer kits too, so we may offer up that as a special instead. Ya just never know.:cross:
Cheers
Jay

Take a look at the first post. This is our monthly special that we offer here only. It is a box of stuff that I and our group like to keep on hand in our breweries at home, for those late night can't sleep brews. We put together a box special and offer it up. You can change it up any way you want (within reason). I sold a bunch of these so far this month, and people are customizing them to fit their needs. I am totally cool w/ that.

Next month I am thinking of putting a Digital scale in our box special, I did have a request for one of our beer kits too, so we may offer up that as a special instead. Ya just never know.:cross:
Cheers
Jay

Digital scale AND a beer kit? That would kick ass... or a combination of one or the other would rock as well. Would need an extract and all grain version I'd assume.

Ok so I think I have next months "Box Special" dialed. Look for it in a few days. All I am gonna say right now is it's all digital, it's a KILLER deal and some very, very cool stuff.
Thanks to everybody that got in on the July "Box Special".
Cheers
Jay

Latest posts

Back