greatest compliment - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > greatest compliment
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 06-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
houndhome1

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Connecticut

On thrusday I hosted an end of the year party for approx 20 guys. I made an Irish draught ale for the event. Several guys brought their favorite drink.

We had Sam, Sam summer, blue moon, and a bud light guy. Yah I know, how did he get invlted.

Just for something to do. we did a blind taste test. I used all red plastic cups, and poured the same amount of each. I then had the guys come in and do a test.

Results
My homebrew was an overall favorite, even the budlight guy.
Blue Moon was second followed by Sam.

They felt my homwbrew tasted fresher(kegged), smoother, with a easy drinkability.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 123 Times on 95 Posts

I shared some of my Pale Ale with a few people over the weekend. One person said my beer was better than what the local brew pub served.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Brewmasters Warehouse
Recipes 

Mar 2007
Atlanta, GA
Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

Congrats on winning the taste test. It is always rewarding when other people love your beer.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
ghpeel
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Gainesville, FL
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

I was at a Wiccan mid-summer party last night (yeah .. don't ask...) and a BMC-swilling chick asked for one of my beers. She said her favorite beer was Natty Light because of the price, sheesh! Anyway, I gave her an American Wheat (recipe from Jamil Show) and she raved about it for quite a bit! Even asked me a bunch of questions about brewing and stuff! So its always awesome to have someone compliment your beer.

Kegged: Dunkelweizen
Primary: American Pale Ale

Old 06-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
hamiltont
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Somewhere in the middle of Nebraska
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Converted my BMC neighbor.... He's become quite the connoisseur... Now, instead of Mic Ultra he's buying "real" beer, plus I get more bottles...

Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6385 Times on 3785 Posts

I gave a Bavarian Wheat to a work friend last week. He told me today that even his backwash tasted good at the end of the beer. His words, really.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #7
GuitarBob
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

"I think this is the best Russian Stout I've ever tasted."

That's the best compliment I've gotten on one of my beers, and it was only my 3rd all-grain. Special thanks to brewpastor for his awesome russian stout recipe.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
isleofman
Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, Alabama
Liked 27 Times on 16 Posts

i have been slowly trying to build up my girlfriends palette for more than just BMC and blue moon. i have been giving her a steady stream of witbier and more recently SNs Kellerweis .she ran out of all the good stuff and had to buy a six pack of BL.

gf: "It sucks that i ran out of your beer and i have to drink BL"
me: "Its really bland isnt it?"
gf: "Yeah"

it just gave me that warm fuzzy. i have a pumpkin ale and a hefe coming up, which should help to further her palette along a little more. hopefully by this time next year ill have her drinking IIPAs

Old 09-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
johntangus
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndhome1 View Post
They felt my homwbrew tasted fresher(kegged), smoother, with a easy drinkability.
that's friggin' awesome. and BL thinks they have drinkability. Hah!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
JoeMama
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It is neat to get compliments on your beer. I know it always puts a smile on my face. But what makes me smile even more, is when my beer starts to taste AWESOME to me. Well, thats usually a bad thing because I tend to drink it alot faster...
-Me

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.