Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Just tried Bell's Two Hearted Ale...
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Originally Posted by cercueil View Post
So now its almost 3 years after my original post. I've had tons of IPA's since then. 2 hearted doesn't even crack the top ten. These are in no particular order but are definitely better than 2 hearted any day.

Ballast Point Sculpin
Russian River Blind Pig
Cigar City Humidor Series Jai Alai Cedar Aged India Pale Ale
Tröegs Nugget Nectar Ale
Green Flash West Coast
Ithaca Flower Power
Port Brewing Wipeout
Port Brewing Mongo
Firestone Walker Union Jack
Strange I like all of those beers you listed very much. TH remains one of my all time favorite beers though. I will say I have had 2 bad six packs in my day. Both of them were no hop aroma/flavor and all bitter. I attributed that to poor handling and took them back for refunds both times.

Thank you Jerry!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Liked 98 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Originally Posted by cercueil View Post
And I hated it! My friend traveled all the way to Virginia to get this from NY. Maybe I am just too used to imperial styles but I didn't taste anything good about this beer. It tasted very watery and the hop taste was very week. There was hardly any nose to it either. To me it was like an IPA light. I know its rated 100 and for the most part I agree with rate beer but I just coudn't with this one. Anyone else think so?
Wow after reading posts I apparently need to try another sixer myself. Was not impressed with my first try either....