My last two brews, a nut brown and amber, beers I haven't made in nearly a year, beers I was very much looking forward to enjoying this summer, both got messed up because I was unknowingly using a busted thermometer. Readings were 15 deg off, reading too low (so 150 was actually 165). Both brews rang in at 1.053 and they've both settled at 1.020 when they should have been 1.013. So due to extremely high mash temps I have ended up with extremely unfermentable wort and am sad.
I made a sad face.
I'm sure they'll still be fine and drinkable, but they won't be the same beers I have looking forward to all year.
</rant> thank you for listening. I feel better already.