Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Imperial Stout

Old 06-17-2009, 02:06 AM   #11
davesrose
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
Rosenberg, Jewish?
Well actually, Rosenberg doesn't necessarily have to be a Jewish name. It mainly is here in the States, but one of the nazis executed in Nuremberg was Alfred Rosenberg....who didn't have Jewish ties and actually participated in perpetuating the whole notion of Aryan supremacy. That being said, I meet the American stereotype of a Rosenberg....my namesake is indeed Jewish, yet I'm not technically Jewish (as my mom's side is Southern Baptist instead). That probably makes me have a guilt trip as well as hot headed all at the same time

On the Bench: Racer 5 IPA

"One of the first things early caveman did, when he crawled out of the mudd, was to make beer. And cavemen everywhere are still making beer...and drinking beer." - Jean Sheperd

Old 06-17-2009, 02:14 AM   #12
HillbillyDeluxe
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Yep, you are correct. I'm a bit of a WW2 history buff and a military enthusiast(in my old age). Screw the racist Nazi sentimant out there. Fought and bled with the Isreli's, damn fine people. Southern babtist here too, jews are ok with me though.

Possum Knob Brewery and Stables
Possum Knob, KY.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:52 AM   #13
davesrose
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
Southern babtist here too, jews are ok with me though.
Yeah...that's what my grandfather said too when two of his daughters married Jews. My dad's mom has told me that during the first phone conversation she had with her future brother in law, she asked how he thought of his daughter marrying a Jew. He said, "You know, I don't have a problem with it at all....at least you all aren't Catholic". Funny...Babtists vs Catholics are like Jews vs Palestinians in America it seems
On the Bench: Racer 5 IPA

"One of the first things early caveman did, when he crawled out of the mudd, was to make beer. And cavemen everywhere are still making beer...and drinking beer." - Jean Sheperd