Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Testimonial on the art of patience
Old 06-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Likes Given: 6

Default Testimonial on the art of patience

Just wanted to prove a point that is often asked on here time and time again.

Brewed a batch on Sunday. I am fairly new to liquid yeast. I took it out of the fridge to warm to room temp (no starter). It was out for about 6 hours. When I opened the vial it hissed and some spilled. I pitched anyway.

The next day no bubbles in the air lock. I have been doing this long enough to know better but I still worry. The thought crossed my mine last night to pitch some dry yeast, but I did not.

Low and behold it is bubbeling away today. My patience was rewarded.

Trust in the yeast!

Beer Wench Brewing Co.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Liked 33 Times on 19 Posts

Trust the yeasties. They'll do you right. Next time make a starter young jedi!
play the bass, brew the beer

What's tappening? :D
Old 06-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Liked 2910 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 3534

But just remember airlock, or lack of airlock action, is not a good indication of fermentation activity many airlocks never never bubble, and yet the beer turns out fine.....and many a new brewer panics because they think airlocks are "fermentation gauges."

Having a bubbling airlock is fine....but a non bubbling airlock can be fine as well.....
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew