My build, not for the faint of heart - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > My build, not for the faint of heart

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #1
BenjaminR
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Carbondale,IL
Posts: 46


I know im sort of new around here but alas I built what I think is a fine rig.

This is my journey

Had to make some modifications to my lil fridge. The front doors stuck out to far and the little lips on the sides of the fridge stuck out to far to fit 2 kegs.

So I cut it all off




here are my pieces for the poor man tower (dont worry Tim is workin on dreaming one up for me.)


Fiber glass for the front door


fiber glass sides






mat down


First coat


second mat down

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:50 AM   #2
BenjaminR
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Carbondale,IL
Posts: 46

The top I built




Kegs chillin inside


The tower, not finished yet, I am waiting on my faucets and shanks to show up at the moment.


My tap handles


Oh herrow beer









 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:50 AM   #3
BenjaminR
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Carbondale,IL
Posts: 46

















Anyway I have a small computer fan in the inside hooked up to a old phone charger pumping cold air into the tower and it is working great!

I wasn't planning on this being so in depth or involved but a little time and effort was worth not having to purchase a different fridge since I had already had this one for a few years. Plus I think it looks good.

Oh and not being able to view pics on here FTL....

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:56 AM   #4
Demon
 
Demon's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Willowbrook, IL
Posts: 974
Liked 113 Times on 72 Posts


Click free
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminR View Post
I know im sort of new around here but alas I built what I think is a fine rig.

This is my journey

Had to make some modifications to my lil fridge. The front doors stuck out to far and the little lips on the sides of the fridge stuck out to far to fit 2 kegs.

So I cut it all off




here are my pieces for the poor man tower (dont worry Tim is workin on dreaming one up for me.)


Fiber glass for the front door


fiber glass sides






mat down


First coat


second mat down

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
Demon
 
Demon's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Willowbrook, IL
Posts: 974
Liked 113 Times on 72 Posts


Click free
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminR View Post
The top I built




Kegs chillin inside


The tower, not finished yet, I am waiting on my faucets and shanks to show up at the moment.


My tap handles


Oh herrow beer









 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #6
popester
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Posts: 30

You should be able to inline the images with the toolbar icon thingy for 'insert image' Let me try and show you:

[img]some url[img]

Put a '/' in the last [img]

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #7
Demon
 
Demon's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Willowbrook, IL
Posts: 974
Liked 113 Times on 72 Posts


Click Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminR View Post
















Anyway I have a small computer fan in the inside hooked up to a old phone charger pumping cold air into the tower and it is working great!

I wasn't planning on this being so in depth or involved but a little time and effort was worth not having to purchase a different fridge since I had already had this one for a few years. Plus I think it looks good.

Oh and not being able to view pics on here FTL....

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:07 AM   #8
Araxi
Recipes 
 
Dec 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Posts: 70

Nice hookah on top of the fridge

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 AM   #9
BenjaminR
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Carbondale,IL
Posts: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by popester View Post
You should be able to inline the images with the toolbar icon thingy for 'insert image' Let me try and show you:

[img]some url[img]

Put a '/' in the last [img]
thanks for the help but that is how they all were.

And thanks I do like my hookah.

Thanks Demon, I appreciate the help.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 AM   #10
Big10Seaner
 
Big10Seaner's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Schaumburg
Posts: 675
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Nice job man, I'm impressed. The idea for the tower makes total sense for someone wanting to do it cheaper and just as efficient.
__________________
End of the Line Brewing
Primary: Caramel Cider
Secondary: Bourbon Vanilla Porter
On tap: Some Sort of IPA, Cherry Cider
Bottled: Belgian Sour (1st place winner Binny's Chicago Comp)

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My heart stopped.. zombie General Beer Discussion 9 04-27-2009 11:25 PM
I Heart Beer Alamo_Beer Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 2 11-01-2007 07:14 AM
a little heart to heart shafferpilot Commercial Brew Discussion 47 10-16-2007 06:16 PM


Forum Jump