Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Miller Lite (Really Triple Hopped)

Old 06-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #671
NewJersey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 23

i never racked this to secondary. after about 10 days i added the AE. another week after that added gelatin finings in liquid. after like another 4-5 days i added an ounce of cascade.
i kegged it on wednesday and checked final gravity. it cranked on down to 1.001
holy hell!
i started at about 1040 (i upped my malts on purpose to get a slightly higher ABV)
smelled pretty good. i'll pull a pint in a week and post a pic!

Old 06-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #672
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJersey View Post
i never racked this to secondary. after about 10 days i added the AE. another week after that added gelatin finings in liquid. after like another 4-5 days i added an ounce of cascade.
i kegged it on wednesday and checked final gravity. it cranked on down to 1.001
holy hell!
i started at about 1040 (i upped my malts on purpose to get a slightly higher ABV)
smelled pretty good. i'll pull a pint in a week and post a pic!
Awesome, you made a very good Miller High Life.

If you get a weird dry parched taste, don't sweat it. It disappears after a few weeks chilled. After that it's chuggable lawnmower beer.

You will be surprised how good this is and many of your BMC beer drinker friends will request it regularly.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #673
glick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 170

I brewed this all grain a few months ago for a party and it was a big hit with my BMC loving family. My sister commented that she found it "too hoppy." I had to laugh. I did sub tettnang for the cascade. Thanks for a great recipe.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #674
jmf143
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Does the AE in secondary at the same time as dry hopping cause the dry hop aroma to be pushed out of the air lock? Have you tried AE in primary, then rack 1 or 2 weeks later onto hops in secondary?

Old 07-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #675
jtrainer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I do this recipe every year now, sometimes a few times a year. The ladies seem to love it as do a few of their men. Those are the men that ask for a glass of wine at a Beer n BBQ party.

I do the AE, then either dry hop on that or rack again and dry hop. I've moved my DH addition to a 5 min steep. SWMBO seems to prefer the non dry hop version.

I reasoned the AE would scrub a little of the hop flavor from the dry hopping.
OnTap: Air

Fermenter: Imp Vanilla Porter, BackAtIt IPA
OnDeck: Happy New Beer

Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #676
glick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Brewing this again on Saturday for our annual Halloween party. Thanks for a great recipe!!

Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #677
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Good choice. Glad you guys like it enough to brew it several times. You're Welcome

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 09-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #678
ssorck
Recipes 

I have a question...

I brewed the extract version from the 1st post for my stepson who only drinks Bud Lite.

At 7 days I still had a good amount amount of krausen left so didn't rack. Checked on day 9, same situation so I rocked the fermenter a bit an gave it a few days more. Checked yesterday AM and krausen was gone so racked to secondary last night.

Anyway I pulled the hydro sample. Then added enzyme to the secondary and racked, put everything away. Came back to check the sample expecting 1.008-1.012 and toy surprise was at 1.001!

So IF I had checked the sample before racking (which I should have) and was that low already would you still bother with the enzyme and secondary? What would the enzyme actually add at that point?

Btw the color and flavor was spot on!

Old 09-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #679
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

The enzyme will crunch down the gravity the last 8 points out so. If the yeast ever got it to a few points above zero, I might choose to skip the AE. I think it also helps make the beer crisp and clean. Another point worth mentioning is the AE leaves a temporary tart taste for about a week after it is done.

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 09-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #680
glick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Just finished my mash and have the wort boiling. Some how I managed to get a stuck sparge go figure!! A few weeks ago was a pumpkin ale with pumpkin in the mash and that sparge didn't stick! I did manage to hit a pre- boil gravity of 1.020 so it should be spot on after the 90 minute boil. Thanks again!