Blonde Ale Miller Lite (Really Triple Hopped) - Page 58 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Blonde Ale Miller Lite (Really Triple Hopped)

Old 03-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #571

Add it now let it sit for another week.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 03-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #572
-MG-
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Cedar Rapids, IA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Racked mine 4 days ago on top of the AE.

The first day there wasn't much action, since then there is a foam layer at the top of the fermenter and you can see visible bubbles moving from the bottom to the top.

It sounds like the general guideline is to leave it on the AE for nearly 2 weeks to let it clean up

Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #573
Pratzie
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Liked 170 Times on 118 Posts

Hmmm, looks interesting. With of friends who drink light beer i might have to try this in the summer
Secondary: Empty
Aging:
On Deck: Cider

Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #574

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
Racked mine 4 days ago on top of the AE.

The first day there wasn't much action, since then there is a foam layer at the top of the fermenter and you can see visible bubbles moving from the bottom to the top.

It sounds like the general guideline is to leave it on the AE for nearly 2 weeks to let it clean up
That's correct. Also, don't be alarmed at first taste, that there is a parched dryness. This fades within days to a week after kegging or bottling.

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 03-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #575
CatHead
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

This stuff really keeps the fermentation going. I put my AE in a week ago and I still have airlock activity.
Gone: Dry Irish Stout, Pale Ale

Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #576
Spinrathen

Recipes 

Jan 2013
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Possible brew for the BMC crowd.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #577
-MG-
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Cedar Rapids, IA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just took a sample after being on the AE for one week. The gravity only moved from 1.008 to 1.006.

I had a some good activity in there too... Still have a little more time to let it sit.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #578
DoctorDuvel

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Houston
Liked 33 Times on 11 Posts

So I'm currently bringing the brew up into the diacetyl rest zone. Funny, pre-AE there was no hint of it (at around 1.010), and now it's popcorn.

I'm also dry-hopping it (with liberty), and I get hints of great hop aroma through the butter when I swirl the glass. I'm wondering though if the hops in the fermenter will impede the clean-up of DA or somehow "soak up" the DA making it harder to clean it up - ?

Old 03-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDuvel View Post
So I'm currently bringing the brew up into the diacetyl rest zone. Funny, pre-AE there was no hint of it (at around 1.010), and now it's popcorn.

I'm also dry-hopping it (with liberty), and I get hints of great hop aroma through the butter when I swirl the glass. I'm wondering though if the hops in the fermenter will impede the clean-up of DA or somehow "soak up" the DA making it harder to clean it up - ?
If your AE is good it will clean it up. You should see airlock activity, but it will be quite slow. Use a flashlight and look for tiny bubbles rising.

Let the AE do its thing. Post AE there will be slight parched dryness that will fade shortly after bottling or kegging.

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #580
dhammers91
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Ames, Iowa
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I sent this as a PM to the original poster but thought I would post it on the thread as well...

Hey, I am looking to brew this beer for my dad. I just had a couple questions.

1. Does this end up being super hoppy with all of the additions?

2. When I put everything into the hopville calculator, it says that the ABV will be 2.9%... The recipe states that it will be above 4%?

3. I know that you state that you add the amylase enzyme in the secondary. Do you do it for the full 14 days?

4. When did you add and for how long in regards to dry hopping?

Sorry for all of the noobish questions... this is only my second all grain and I don't want to screw it up!

Thanks for all of your help!