Looking for a three-week beer - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Looking for a three-week beer

Old 06-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Feb 2009
Cleveland, OH
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know, I'm cutting it way close. Just kicked one of my Centennial Blonde kegs and only have 2 kegs of beer and 1 of Apfelwein left. Little bro is coming back from the Army and I'm having a party the 4th of July weekend. The earliest I can brew is Monday, so here's my question....

What would you recommend that I brew that will be able to go from grain to glass in 3 weeks total. I do keg, so carbing times won't really be a problem for me. Basically, who's got a recipe for me that I can go 2 weeks primary and then straight to the keg. I'll be able to cold condition about a week before serving if it's in the primary for 2 weeks.

Summer wheat beer? Maybe a Wit? Who's got the quick beer for me?
"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Old 06-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3193 Times on 1885 Posts

Since you keg you can get away with it...

Here's the thread with the mild recipe in it. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/drink-more-mild-77598/

I don't keg but last summer I did Papazian's mild in Jpy of homebrewing...it was tasty.
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
Dec 2008
virginia beach
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

my bavarian hefeveiven takes about 2 weeks, then a 3 day crash cool, then 2 days to carb in the keg. pm me for the recipe. also, edwort's pale ale is simple and quick but you have to get a good fast start and make sure you get good efficiency or it will dry out with the nottingham yeast.
it's not the blood you've spilled that gets you what you want, its the blood you share. friends, family, community: these are the most valuable things a man can have.

on tap- lemongrass kolsch
on tap- stout
on tap- small mead
bottle-sweet mead