Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Bryan, Texas
Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts

1 (12oz) bottle applewine
1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)

Put all ingredients in a skillet and simmer until it becomes thick and syrupy. Serve over vanilla ice cream.

I have made this for my wife and several dinner guests, and it has always been received with looks of ecstasy. It is quite simple, and quite good, so I hope you all enjoy!

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Old 06-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3511 Times on 3325 Posts

awesome, do you chill before putting over ice cream or serve hot like a caramel or hotfudge?

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Bryan, Texas

Ive done both. It is great hot, but I will store leftovers in the fridge to drizzle on ice cream through out the week.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3511 Times on 3325 Posts

with that recipe, how many people's dishes can you cover? I've got some apfelwein ready for bottling and will most likely try this this summer with some friends.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Bryan, Texas

you should be able to lightly cover 4 dishes with the above, but you can use more brown sugar to increase your volume. I made this last night and probably used close to 3/4 cup so I would not have to simmer as long. The apple flavor was not quite as strong as previous batches but it is still quite good.