Brew Day Emergency -- Need Advice
Ok, so I brewed my batch essentially perfectly. It is sitting in the keggle and I am just about to finish whirlpool -- the temp is in the mid 70's.
My Gravity was about 6 points off what I was expecting (Expected OG = 1.070, I have 1.064 right now).
So I'm sitting here cussing at myself and I realize...oh ****, I forgot the sugar. I was supposed to put 1 pound of sugar in this recipe to help the attenuation (Belgian Saison).
Can I put in the sugar straight into the fermenter or does it need to boil?
I'm figuring I have three options:
1) Forget the sugar and hope it turns out ok.
2) Put the sugar in the carboy, shake well.
3) Bring the keggle back up to a boil and add sugar, boil for 10 minutes, and then re drop temperature.
Thoughts? I'm going to decide what to do at 5:00pm EST.
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)